Windows 10: Kodi Client - Android / Amazon Fire TV/stick - Direct play of DVD ISO

Discus and support Kodi Client - Android / Amazon Fire TV/stick - Direct play of DVD ISO in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have a Kodi client on an Android device or an Amazon Fire TV / stick device you can play DVD ISO's directly and the handset will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Mar 29, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Kodi Client - Android / Amazon Fire TV/stick - Direct play of DVD ISO

Hi folks

If you have a Kodi client on an Android device or an Amazon Fire TV / stick device you can play DVD ISO's directly and the handset will control Menu selections etc from the DVD main Menu.

This is great if you want to "retire" old physical DVD's without having to rip them to MKV / mp4 etc -- as HDD space is so cheap these days then just saving the DVD as an ISO file works brilliantly.

There are some quite good DVD rippers around which also remove that petty annoying Regionalisation code too --it's BONKERS say a tourist in USA buys a region 1 DVD and takes it home and in theory can't play it on a Region 2 (Europe) system.

A good one was the old AnyDVD program - I think that company operates a newer version under a different label these days due to previous legal issues.

I think the new incarnation is under the label Redfox -- great program - but check legality of using in your country - here ( in Is.) it's 100% OK.

RedFox AnyDVD HD | Backup movie DVD and Blu-ray

The great thing also is if I visit say a friend's house I can take the Amazon fire stick and a little portable USB 3 device which I can plug into any old laptop or server and then play DVD's without needing a whole slew of physical DVD's.

The new self powered USB 3 WD 4TB passport devices are Brilliant -- I have 3 of them - one white, one blue and one Black with different content on each. Around 119 USD / 120 EUR

Sorry UK friends though as in UK prices are a bit horrendous with "Brexit" (not my business - that's for GB electors to deal with) the poor old GBP has taken a bit of a bashing since their "Brexit Referendum" losing value by about 19% so imports cost a bit more.

(Great for me when visiting UK -- as I'm paid in EUR this really makes London actually affordable these days - unless I want to rent a flat or buy a House - which as a tourist isn't on my agenda !!!)

Devices about the same physical size as the older 2 and 3TB passport devices - a tiny bit thicker with square edges - still incredibly portable and FASTER - certainly on READS than the older devices.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WD 4TB Blue My PassportÂ* Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYFT0040BBL-WESN

Unlike VLC where you have to start something on the remote PC and usually the DVD menu isn't controllable - with a KODI client on the Amazon fire stick / android device you simply just select the file from the Kodi File browser to select the file from your server (mark the devices as shared if using Windows or enable in Samba if using Linux as a server) . You don't need to install KODI on the remote PC or start any multi-media servers either - and it pllays more formats than PLEX - and rarely if ever transcodes anything.

Only problem is that the latest version (17.1 Krypton) is a bit fiddly to configure first time - but well worth the effort.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 29, 2017
  2. D wales Win User

Amazon fire stick/laptop connection

Hello Stephen,

Quite honestly i'm not 100% sure as i have more experience with
    android tv boxes
    than the amazon fire stick. However if you can somehow use your laptop as a output display only then this should work. Have you tried connecting the fire stick?

D wales, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Xxvgg Win User
    VPN

Hi looking for advise on finding VPN to use in UK FOR my home computer would also like VPN on my mobile and on kodi / amazon fire stick any help would be appreciated

Xxvgg, Mar 29, 2017
Thema:

Kodi Client - Android / Amazon Fire TV/stick - Direct play of DVD ISO

1. Kodi Client - Android / Amazon Fire TV/stick - Direct play of DVD ISO - Similar Threads - Kodi Client Android

2. Amazon Fire TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Fire TV: Hi everybody, If I mirror from W10 to the TV to see a movie after a short time the video from the TV freezes, I specify that if I do the same mirroring with an iPhone the problem does not exist. I tried to disable the windows firewall and avast antivirus but without success,...
  3. tv fire stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv fire stick: Can I connect my TV fire stick to my desk top? I am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-fire-stick/4b8e888d-298f-4644-acae-04c81386eb95
  4. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: I had to disconnect and then re-connect my Amazon Firestick from my TV. Now, it cannot connect to the network no matter what I do. Has anyone had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-fire-stick/5ec8732e-2b85-4e47-a1f3-17fd1f2bed31
  5. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: Why is my amazon fire stick not connecting to my laptop when plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/amazon-fire-stick/71adb501-c3ac-44e1-9638-1654c1fc66d2
  6. Andoid phone users - install KODI on Amazon Fire TV box / stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Andoid phone users - install KODI on Amazon Fire TV box / stick: Hi folks This method can install KODI on to an amazon fire TV stick / box simply by using an andoid phone or tablet. Kodi is a very useful application to have installed on an amazon fire tv box / stick as as well as being useful for all sorts of audio / video playback it...
  7. Amazon Fire TV - KODI is TOPS, VLC is BROKEN (latest update)

Amazon Fire TV - KODI is TOPS, VLC is BROKEN (latest update): Hi there If you have the amazon fire stick or the TV box sideload KODI - simple to do it and can be done from your phone as the amazon devices are android. An advantage also is that KODI can play DVD iso files from HDD iso images directly - the handset also handles...
  8. Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC

Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC: Hi there I know Amazon fire stick / fire TV is popular -- but if you use VLC for playing media from a NAS server / PC on to your remote TV using the Amazon fire stick / TV app DO NOT UPDATE (on the amazon device) to the latest version. Nothing wrong of course with VLC on a...
  9. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server: Hi there. Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was thinking of getting one of these to use in a "Non smart" but USB capable TV. I can have PLEX running on the computer so can...
  10. Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick: Hello, I've been trying several times to get this to work and I cannot. I have the amazon fire TV stick and windows 10 computer. I've tried right clicking a video and choosing cast to device and then amazon stick...I've tried playing the video in movies and TV app and...