Windows 10: Kodi Tab Virus - Nothing showing from Virus Scan

Discus and support Kodi Tab Virus - Nothing showing from Virus Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 was working fine until, somebody downloaded Kodi on the affected machine and Kodi was behaving as if a permanent TAB key was being inputted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jdp13, Jul 21, 2018.

1. jdp13 Win User

Kodi Tab Virus - Nothing showing from Virus Scan

Windows 10 was working fine until, somebody downloaded Kodi on the affected machine and Kodi was behaving as if a permanent TAB key was being inputted on the keyboard (i.e. left to right across rows permanently) - when trying to select anything on menu.

Kodi has been uninstalled and Malwarebytes scan run which found nothing. Restarted after scan.

When Windows Calculator is run - press any number and it 'tabs' to the right extreme side like somebody was hitting 'tab' mulitple times - just as was happening in Kodi. Not sure how tab works with calculator but that's the best way I can describe here.

Any clues?

:)

jdp13, Jul 21, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

3. Virus Scan

My N73 Music Edition phone becoms very slow, to open addres book or SMS or to delete any SMS it takes long time. I think it have some virus.

1. How to scan & delete this virus???

2. Is there any free virus scan available???

3. While scanning virus & to protect phone book & SMS or songs, what are the steps to follows ???

Pl. help.

bhagwatkar, Jul 21, 2018
  4. allen337 Win User

Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

I have yet to see mailwarebytes not remove a virus, did you go to the update tab and update mailwarebytes before you scanned?

allen337, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Kodi Tab Virus - Nothing showing from Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Kodi Tab Virus

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  4. Virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan: Part of the way through the scan the Microsoft scan records 44 infected files, but on completion it reports no malware detected. Why the inconsistency? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/b07b8daa-2dd6-4889-95dc-69f1b930434f
  5. Virus Scan

Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  6. virus scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan: any time I try to download anything I get "virus scan failed" everything is up to date on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/8ba5cd90-ea3e-4b87-a252-b479291cb15d
  7. virus scans

virus scans: Hi folks i need a safe and hopefully free and effective scan. i can't remove a request for the nvidia control platform after deleting nividia driver updates I did'nt need or use. Thank you....
  8. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  9. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...