Windows 10: Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

Discus and support Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by angelar_, Mar 2, 2023.

1. angelar_ Win User

Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was still tryping in English! But I learned that the IME is working by design, but the design is extremely unintuitive.When I switch to the Korean keyboard, I expect to be typing in Korean. But after extensive searching, I was shocked to find this is not possible.I understand why the IME has an English/Korean toggle, but the

:)

angelar_, Mar 2, 2023
  2. lieueez Win User

Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

I have the ENG US Language Pack installed on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I also have the Korean Microsoft IME Language Pack installed. I'm using the Microsoft Surface Pro Type Cover as well.

When I press ALT+shift to switch to the Korean IME the toggle is ALWAYS on English and I have to click on it to switch it to Korean. Can I set the toggle so the default input language is on Korean (가)??

Also, once it is set to Korean, if I click outside of the application or input field it defaults back to English and I have to keep clicking on the toggle constantly if I move between windows, tabs, or applications. This is extremely irritating. It seems
    like a problem with Windows 10, is there a solution to this?

lieueez, Mar 2, 2023
  3. ironsand Win User
    How to change default input language for Korean IME

Hello,

I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME.

When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.

I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul).

How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in Korean IME?

Thanks.

ironsand, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

Korean keeps switching to english

So i've had this problem for a long time now, even with my old pc. Basically I have a korean/english keyboard, and it works fine when i'm on google or whatever. When I open a game on steam or even minecraft, ill switch to korean but when it type the IME
    switches back to english. Every time I toggle it back to korean and go back into game, it never stays. Can someone please help?

marielight, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

1. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English - Similar Threads - Korean IME does

2. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  3. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  4. Korean IME in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME in Windows 11: HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my...
  5. Korean IME in Windows 11

Korean IME in Windows 11: HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my...
  6. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...
  7. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  8. Korean & Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  9. Korean keeps switching to english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean keeps switching to english: So i've had this problem for a long time now, even with my old pc. Basically I have a korean/english keyboard, and it works fine when i'm on google or whatever. When I open a game on steam or even minecraft, ill switch to korean but when it type the IME switches back to...
  10. Korean English keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Korean English keyboard: If there is anyone who faced the same issues as me, please give me an advice. When you compare the English keyboard and Korean & English keyboard, the key layout and locations are exactly the same as each other except for the backslash \ key, which is located at the top...