Windows 10: Korean IME in Windows 11

Discus and support Korean IME in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Shin2, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Korean IME in Windows 11

HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my pc screen has no Eng sign in the right bottom. So, there is no way to fix it myself. I searched Google and found that there are many people with the same kinds of Korean IME issues. Thank you!Mike

:)

Mike Shin2, Jun 12, 2023

2. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

Hello, EliasSkeppstedt

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no direct way to set the Korean Microsoft IME to default to Hangul instead of Latin alphabet. Have you tried pressing the left Alt and Shift keys simultaneously, then pressing right Alt? This will switch directly from Swedish to Korean Hangul input method. Although there is no way to do it in one step, it is still more convenient than clicking with a mouse.

In fact, under the Korean input method, pressing the Alt key on the right side at the same time can switch between Hangeul input and Latin alphabet input.

If you want Hangul mode to be the default mode for Korean IME in future versions, kindly provide feedback to Microsoft by simultaneously pressing the Windows logo key and the F key on your keyboard. Subsequently, share the feedback link within the Microsoft Community, allowing anyone who encounters the link to upvote your suggestion. Increased upvotes from a larger user base will contribute to a more expeditious consideration of your proposal by the developers.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support

Yuhao Li - MSFT, Jun 12, 2023
  3. ironsand Win User
    How to change default input language for Korean IME

Hello,

I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME.

When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.

I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul).

How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in Korean IME?

Thanks.

ironsand, Jun 12, 2023
  4. 한곤김 Win User

Korean IME in Windows 11

Some problems in IME for Chinese and Korean

1. I'm not sure how it was on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

2. All of my Korean and Macau friends have this problem (and suggestions) but we couldn't find any troubleshooting method. Not only troubleshooting, but we have many suggestions which can make IME better for multi-language speakers.

한곤김, Jun 12, 2023
Thema:

Korean IME in Windows 11

1. Korean IME in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Korean IME

2. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  3. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  4. Korean IME in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME in Windows 11: HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my...
  5. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...
  6. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...
  7. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  8. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  9. Getting rid of "English United States Korean" IME, preferrably without system reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting rid of "English United States Korean" IME, preferrably without system reinstall: I am using Windows 10, initially set up in English language, added Korean, Japanese, Chinese languages, and later switched its system display language to Korean.By doing that I wished to get rid of the redundant English qwerty keyboard, leaving only three IME's on my...
  10. Getting rid of "English United States Korean" IME, preferrably without system reinstall

Getting rid of "English United States Korean" IME, preferrably without system reinstall: I am using Windows 10, initially set up in English language, added Korean, Japanese, Chinese languages, and later switched its system display language to Korean.By doing that I wished to get rid of the redundant English qwerty keyboard, leaving only three IME's on my...