Windows 10: Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken

Discus and support Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first installed Windows 10, everything seemed to be fine but later on, I noticed one day, whenever I used the Korean keyboard, I kept typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jb0214, Dec 28, 2020.

1. jb0214 Win User

Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken

When I first installed Windows 10, everything seemed to be fine but later on, I noticed one day, whenever I used the Korean keyboard, I kept typing random Korean letters and sometimes, even random alphabets. I really don't know what caused this problem because I didn't touch any settings about keyboards at all the cause might be the windows update not sure. I also realized that whenever I kept pressing the same key, I would keep typing different Korean letters.

Here is the result when I typed hello in korean:

Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken [​IMG]

And here is the result when I pressed the key "f" continuously:

Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken fb4ba842-5985-45f0-b4da-c862639f5b99?upload=true.png

I hope someone can help me fast with this problem

:)

jb0214, Dec 28, 2020

2. Difficulty with Korean and Japanese IME inputs

Apologies if this is under the wrong topic. Further apologies for the lengthiness of this question, this was the only way I could explain the entire issue. Let me know if further clarification is required.

I have recently purchased a Korean keyboard with Hangul written on each key, as well as a "한/영" (han/yeong) key. From what I can tell, the 한/영 key works
    almost the same as the Right Alt key, in that it changes the Korean input between Hangul and Latin.

However, I've been experiencing some issues with my Japanese input method, and I believe using the 한/영 key is causing these issues. Below I've outlined two scenarios to try and describe my experiences. The error is only with the Japanese inputs.

Scenario 1:

• I use the Korean input method, and swap between Hangul and Latin inputs by pressing
      Right Alt.
    • I press Left Alt + Shift to change from Korean to Japanese.
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Hiragana input, it results with にほんご ("nihongo" in Hiragana).
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Romaji input, it results with nihongo ("nihongo" in Romaji).
    This is what I expect/prefer, and I was also attaining these results with my old keyboard.

Scenario 2:

• I use the Korean input method, and swap between Hangul and Latin inputs by pressing the 한/영 key.
    • I press Left Alt + Shift to change from Korean to Japanese.
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Hiragana input, it results with みにくらみきら ("minikuramikira" in Hiragana)
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Romaji input, it results with ミニクラミキラ ("minikuramikira" in halfwidth Katakana).
    This is not the result I want. I believe this result ("nihongo" -> "minikuramikira") is from a "Kana" keyboard layout, but as far as I can tell, my settings have not been changed from the Romaji keyboard layout.

After a reboot, I experience the results from Scenario 1, as long as I only use the Right Alt key to swap between Hangul/Latin.

However, once I use the 한/영 key, it somehow affects the Japanese input methods and I'm stuck with the results from Scenario 2 until I reboot my computer.

Besides avoiding using the 한/영 key, is there any way to resolve this issue? Otherwise, any other insight on what could be happening would also be appreciated.

Cordelia S., Dec 28, 2020
  3. Korean Input Not Working Properly

I installed the Korean IME input yesterday and I find my inputs aren't matching up with what the keyboard should be. For example, when I type a-ㅕs-냐 d-

ㄷ. I'm not sure what's going on but it's like my keys are bound twice in Korean input. For reference,
    I'll include a Korean keyboard layout.
    Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken 747462f7-27e8-4feb-afc6-68061be61ae6?upload=true.png

Justin_981, Dec 28, 2020
  4. BRCjr Win User

Korean keyboard on my pc.

You can find a Korean Keyboard @ All settings>Time & Language>under Related settings-Additional date, time, & regional settings>under Language-Change input methods>Options>Add an input method> Korean> It is not in Korean however, just a Korean keyboard
    layout>preview and Add(at bottom)> you can then delete your other keyboard or select one for primary use.

BRCjr, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken - Similar Threads - Korean Keyboard Input

2. Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output: Hi, I've been interested in adding Korean as a language to my computer, but realize that after installing it, and begin to type with Korean selected, it uses the Korean keyboard layout instead of the Qwerty layout. I see no options for this in the settings, nor does Google...
  3. korean keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    korean keyboard not working?: it has been less than a year that i have bought this laptop. i toggled korean keyboard, and it worked perfectly fine.however, today, for some reason the option for it went away. when i checked my language settings, for some reason under the korean language it said that your...
  4. Korean English keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Korean English keyboard: If there is anyone who faced the same issues as me, please give me an advice. When you compare the English keyboard and Korean & English keyboard, the key layout and locations are exactly the same as each other except for the backslash \ key, which is located at the top...
  5. How to change default input language for Korean IME

How to change default input language for Korean IME: Hello, I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME. When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode. I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul). How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in...
  6. Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch': when i type 'i' , it will always show as 'ch' , help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-keyboard-input-bug-the-letter-on/98441286-6dd2-46d5-b185-cd7728417c67
  7. Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?: I will try again, in case someone sensible at Microsoft might start fixing this. 1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and add 3 total languages to your system. 2. Alt+Shift now switches between 3 keyboard input languages. Let's now try to remove one of these...
  8. korean keyboard / hangul doesn't work

korean keyboard / hangul doesn't work: Hello, I have the korean keyboard installed on my notebook since yesterday the keyboard stopped working. Everytime I type appears the hanja writing and not hangul. But what's weird is this only happens at windows, when I try to write in a document or rename a file, but when...
  9. How to remap Korean keyboard layout

How to remap Korean keyboard layout: I need to remap Korean keyboard layout to create a new one which works with Windows Korean IME on PC with Windows 7 as well as 10. The current Korean Standard Keyboard layout is The new Korean layout to create There are several keyboard remap programs. However those...
  10. Korean Keyboard

Korean Keyboard: What do the words next to the keyboard DO and MEAN (i know it's in korean)[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/korean-keyboard/45e4e93f-4e5d-47c2-8f4a-be31a19ecfbe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google docs korean keyboard input problem on mac