Windows 10: ks.sys on Creators update

Discus and support ks.sys on Creators update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to do the creators update from the MS update page. I keep getting a stop code of ks.sys. I have stopped my AV, stopped ATI non-stop BU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blue Owl, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Blue Owl Win User

ks.sys on Creators update

Tried to do the creators update from the MS update page. I keep getting a stop code of ks.sys.
    I have stopped my AV, stopped ATI non-stop BU and disconnected any usb connection. Still get the stop code.
    All my drivers are up to date and all my Windows updates have been applied.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

Blue Owl, Apr 5, 2017
  2. y0himba Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys)

I have let Windows update all the drivers for my system that have updates available. I have no idea what is causing ks.sys to error out.

y0himba, Apr 5, 2017
  3. BSOD loop with ks.sys error after creators' update

Hi

I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine. Everything was working fine and then it prompted me to Update. I went with it and there was trouble updating, it would end up in BSOD and then roll back the update. The last time before I tried to update I quit my antivirus
    (avast premier) and then restarted. This time the update worked but now when windows boots up I just see the desktop for a few seconds and then I get another BSOD with a ks.sys error. I've uninstalled my antivirus for now and still the BSOD keeps coming up.
    I've read that ks.sys errors are related to driver issues but except for my in-built monitor webcam driver rest everything is fine. Please find latest 3 minidump files in the ondrive link below. Hope to get some help soon.

Minidump.zip

bloodsells, Apr 5, 2017
  4. ks.sys on Creators update

ArazelEternal, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Blue Owl Win User
    Just finished doing a clean install using the media tool. Everything worked fine. I'm almost finished reinstalling everything.

Thanks

Blue Owl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ks.sys on Creators update

1. ks.sys on Creators update - Similar Threads - sys Creators update

2. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  3. Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update.: How will I know when the Creator's Update has been installed please? Presumably it appears in Settings/Update and Security but is it identifiable? 86408
  4. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  5. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  6. creators update :drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    creators update :drivers: does the windows 10 creators update occupy drivers so it's possible after a creators update the bsod will disappaer or is it not recommended to do a creators update on a system with bsod? 84564
  7. Updating To Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating To Creator Edition: I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12...
  8. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  9. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  10. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324