Windows 10: Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers

Discus and support Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks I like the idea of Kubernetes a lot -- just start playing with it on a local machine Seems a good way to go to get applications running - Ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 15, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers

Hi folks I like the idea of Kubernetes a lot -- just start playing with it on a local machine Seems a good way to go to get applications running - Ok I've only started so a really simple one just to launch a Web browser (a bit like the standard "hello world" people use when first learning any computer code. This I can see is going to occupy me big time as there's almost no limit in what you can do with it. Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 15, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    I like the idea of Kubernetes a lot -- just start playing with it on a local machine
    Seems a good way to go to get applications running - Ok I've only started so a really simple one just to launch a Web browser (a bit like the standard "hello world" people use when first learning any computer code.

Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers [​IMG]

This I can see is going to occupy me big time as there's almost no limit in what you can do with it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 15, 2021
  3. steve108 Win User
    What is the Container folder and why is it missing?

They have 5 steps listed? Can you not get the files they mention in step 5? I can't tell if Containers is the name of a Windows file or just an internal reference or what.

steve108, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers

Couldnt virtualise on Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850. I enclose the screenshot.

Thanks

nairunni60, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Kubernetes / Virtualisation / Containers - Similar Threads - Kubernetes Virtualisation Containers

2. Kubernetes - any way of making it work on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kubernetes - any way of making it work on Windows: Hi there I'm looking at Kubernetes as an ongoing increasingly used Cloud service. It can be tested individually on a Local machine via a few basic tutorials Getting started | Kubernetes Anybody got any experience with this -- Does it really do what it says on the Tin and is...
  3. Nested virtualisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nested virtualisation: I have a new PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x but AMD-V nested virtualisation is not working. When will AMD-V get support for nested virtualisation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nested-virtualisation/908b1c12-78c4-4c83-84b5-4e450a36aa90
  4. Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine: Hi Guys, I am trying to virtualise a Windows 10 machine for a customer. I have done this many times before using Disk2VHD but normally on Servers. When I try and run it on this machine I get an error 'Error snapshotting volumes: The parameter is incorrect.'. The computer...
  5. Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?: GDay All, I have an AMD based PC running Windows 10 Pro and I recently installed WSL & WSL2 and since that time, I am unable to run Ryzen Master. Whenever I start Ryzen Master I get the following message: "Ryzen Master can only run with Virtualisation Based Security VBS...
  6. Virtualising windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtualising windows: I want to virtualise windows 10 within my OS (also windows 10) but whenever i have SVM mode enabled (basically AMD-V) in my BIOS only half my screen is visible when windows boots up. I use a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H motherboard Have any of you encountered this problem and do any...
  7. what's this virtualisation process??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what's this virtualisation process??: [ATTACH] I have this virtualisation process taking almost 250mb of ram always no matter how many times I end it, why does it need to run? I am dual booting but that's it, running no VMs or anything requiring that. Also can I turn off virtualisation in the bios to curb...
  8. Virtualisation Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtualisation Problem: Hello there, Trying to create a VirtualBox into WINDOWS 10 Pro. I'm using the following: - Oracle VirtualBox ver. 6.0 - Kali-Linux ver. 2019.4 (64bits) - Ubuntu ver. 18.04.3 (64 bits) - WINDOWS 10 Pro ver. 1903 (OS Build 18362.476) It giving a "Failed to open a session...
  9. how do I turn on virtualisation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I turn on virtualisation: how do I turn on virtualisation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-turn-on-virtualisation/c70ffe4c-ef52-4bfd-a6fa-ae1891d17a5d
  10. windows xp virtualisation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    windows xp virtualisation: under windows 8 I had a virtual version of windows xp running under hyoerv with some legacy windows applications I had written myself. After upgrading to windows 10 and going into windows xp, my software has disappeared, but the directories this software lived in are still...