Windows 10: KVM license and Azure E5 license

Discus and support KVM license and Azure E5 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Enfield, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Enfield Win User

KVM license and Azure E5 license

We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for license. What could be wrong. There was an earlier KVM license server but that was shut down. Should it not get the licenses from E5 and not to try and get it from KVM server? Is there any group policy that would have been put in place or any registry settings that I could check to see that it would have gotten from the regi

:)

Enfield, Nov 30, 2023

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 Enterprise subscription license for Azure AD Joined device

Here is the current situation:

• I have a Windows 10 Enterprise device that I cannot activate:
      https://imgur.com/1pqQf89
      • Error message: We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems
        with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error code 0x8007007B (DNS name does not exist).
    • My device is indeed Azure AD Joined, and is not Domain Joined:
      https://imgur.com/3NYDbzr
      • Comment: because I’m not domain-joined any more, this computer should not try to “connect to my organization’s activation server” any more, and should just reach out to the cloud for activation through Azure AD – right?
    • I do have my company's Azure AD account registered with this device:
      https://imgur.com/Ygtya2L
    • My device is in version 1903:
      https://imgur.com/hWIx3fG
    • My device does show up as being registered under my Azure AD account:
      https://imgur.com/Mt8AYHh
    • And lastly, my Azure AD account does have a Windows 10 Enterprise E5 license assigned to it:
      imgur.com
    • Even after removing the original product key from the registry, my detailed license information says “VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel” under “Description”:
      imgur.com
      • Comment: As per
        this
        , the "Description" field should contain something like "RETAIL channel Partial Product Key " when using the Windows 10 E3 or E5 license.

CharlieBrown22, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

Hello,

i have windows 11 enterprise devices which i

are not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the devices are still not activated when the users sign in with their office 365 email accounts.

it gives an activation error saying the device cannot connect to the organization and activation service with error code 0x8007007B.

Do i need to activate the devices with a pro license before i assign the M365 license to them or is there a way i can use the m365 license to directly activate the windows 11 devices?

please kindly assist.

best regards,

Fred.

Fred Addo Kyei 2, Nov 30, 2023
  4. KVM license and Azure E5 license

Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Source: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/bl...0531_479823347

Cluster Head, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

KVM license and Azure E5 license

1. KVM license and Azure E5 license - Similar Threads - KVM license Azure

2. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  3. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  4. KVM license and Azure E5 license

KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  5. KVM license and Azure E5 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  6. Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license: Hello,i have windows 11 enterprise devices which iare not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the...
  7. Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license: Hello,i have windows 11 enterprise devices which iare not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the...
  8. Activation via E5 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation via E5 license: Hi, Is there any way to activate a windows 10 enterprise using azure AD join and e5 license even though the machine you used doesn't have any firmware embedded activation key? I got the right E5 license and the machine is join via azure ad join. But it won't allow me to...
  9. MS AZURE OS License for Students

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS AZURE OS License for Students: Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows...
  10. Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's: Hi there has anybody got an idea on roughly what the monthly cost of the Azure Cloud service is for say a home user or a small (individual sole trader) type of business. Basically to run 2 VM's with a small amount of e-commerce. Looking at Ms's licensing- you'd need a...