Windows 10: KVM Switch disconnects from a port

Discus and support KVM Switch disconnects from a port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a nice 4-port Trendnet KVM switch which works fine. Problem arose. I booted computer #2 in port 2 and it worked fine. I put computer #2 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nantucketbob, Dec 19, 2019.

1. KVM Switch disconnects from a port

I have a nice 4-port Trendnet KVM switch which works fine. Problem arose. I booted computer #2 in port 2 and it worked fine. I put computer #2 to sleep while I worked on computer #1. When I went back to #2 a couple hours later, Computer 2 would not reattach to the keyboard and mouse to the KVM switch. Regardless of what I did, I could not get it to recognize the switch.

I put computer #2 on to KVM port #3 and it works just fine.

What Something is wrong with the USB connection with port #2.

Suggestions?

:)

Nantucketbob, Dec 19, 2019

2. KVM switch USB not reinitializing

I've had the TK-409K KVM switch from Trendnet now for about a year and I don't have to switch between computers very often so I'm not sure when the problem started. I have a Window 10 desktop and a mac laptop hooked into the ports 1 and 2 of the KVM box.
    If the switch is set to the Windows computer when the computer boots, the mouse and keyboard and monitor work with no problem. However, if I switch to the mac and then back to the Windows computer, the monitor works but not the mouse and keyboard. I have to
    reboot Windows to get the mouse and keyboard to work again. When I switch to the Windows computer, the light on the KVM box never stop blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BradWhitmoyer, Dec 19, 2019
  3. jim85213 Win User
    Good KVM Switch for Gaming

Does anyone have a suggestion for a gaming KVM switch. I have a system I do all my standard computing on and I'm currently building a gaming system. I want to get a KVM switch because I don't have the money or space for a new monitor. Are there any KVM switches that work exceptionally between standard and gaming systems, without losing video quality and performance???

jim85213, Dec 19, 2019
  4. KVM PRO Win User

KVM Switch disconnects from a port

KVM switch with win 10

I don't think it is Windows 10 caused the issues but the design concept of the KVM switches with those cases. I had using ConnectPRO Plus serial KVM switches with Windows 10 systems for a long time, and I never experienced the resolutions resizing issues.

Most of KVM switches in market are designed with emulation-base technology in devices sharing including for sharing the monitor, so when the more advanced OS, like Windows 10, is upgraded to those emulation-base KVM switch will have difficult in emulating
    /fitting the timing to the systems upgrade to Windows 10 which monitoring the I/O hot-plug and connected devices' status all the time.

I don't like to give suggestion of just changing the KVM switch and find a KVM switch based on DDM technology, but looks like there is no other solution then using more advanced KVM switches based on the DDM technology (Dynamic Device Mapping). Of you
    may want to using an EDID emulator putting it between each connected PC/system and your old KVM switch to keep feeding the EDID of your monitor to the Windows 10 PC/system.

KVM PRO, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

KVM Switch disconnects from a port

1. KVM Switch disconnects from a port - Similar Threads - KVM Switch disconnects

2. Issue with a KVM switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a KVM switch: Hello, This is an odd one. I am currently using a KVM switch. Both computers are running Windows 11. Here is my set up: Monitors are 2 4K monitorsMonitor 1: M28U Monitor 2: Asus Predator something Computer 1: Desktop Graphics Card 3080 TIComputer 2: Microsoft Surface Laptop...
  3. Issue with a KVM switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a KVM switch: Hello, This is an odd one. I am currently using a KVM switch. Both computers are running Windows 11. Here is my set up: Monitors are 2 4K monitorsMonitor 1: M28U Monitor 2: Asus Predator something Computer 1: Desktop Graphics Card 3080 TIComputer 2: Microsoft Surface Laptop...
  4. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  5. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  6. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB ports disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  8. KVM Switching Causes Monitors to be Rediscovered - Win10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    KVM Switching Causes Monitors to be Rediscovered - Win10: Hi all, this is my inaugural post into tenforums so thanks in advance for entertaining my issue. I hope I'm covering all the bases here but let me know if I need to provide more info. I did complete my PC specs page with most of the info but I can get more specific if needed....
  9. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...
  10. Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch: Hi, When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768. When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trendnet kvm switch loses connection with pc