Windows 10: KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore

Discus and support KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a KVM switch Ugreen 2 In 1 Out KVM HDMI Switch Box which suddenly stopped working after updating Windows 10 Pro current OS Build 19041.508. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterS83, Sep 17, 2020.

1. PeterS83 Win User

KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore

I have a KVM switch Ugreen 2 In 1 Out KVM HDMI Switch Box which suddenly stopped working after updating Windows 10 Pro current OS Build 19041.508. The USB device is not recognized anymore, device manager throws 'Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed'

The keyboard and mouse connected to the switch therefore not working. Interestingly the HDMI of the swithc still works.

Has anyone came across the same issue? How can I fix it? Alrady tried to reboot, unplug, change USB ports 2.0, 3.1

Thanks!

:)

PeterS83, Sep 17, 2020

2. KVM switch USB not reinitializing

I've had the TK-409K KVM switch from Trendnet now for about a year and I don't have to switch between computers very often so I'm not sure when the problem started. I have a Window 10 desktop and a mac laptop hooked into the ports 1 and 2 of the KVM box.
    If the switch is set to the Windows computer when the computer boots, the mouse and keyboard and monitor work with no problem. However, if I switch to the mac and then back to the Windows computer, the monitor works but not the mouse and keyboard. I have to
    reboot Windows to get the mouse and keyboard to work again. When I switch to the Windows computer, the light on the KVM box never stop blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BradWhitmoyer, Sep 17, 2020
  3. joaxon Win User
    Windows 10 Creator Update - KVM Switch Problem

After Creator update KVM switch has stopped working. PC works fine until switching when PC hangs (no keyboard or mouse) causing reboot. KVM switch is USB and VGA. Have updated Nvidia drivers and switched off fast start. All power management on usb is disabled.
    Can anyone suggest anything else I can try.

Many thanks

John

*Thread was moved to appropriate category by moderator.*

joaxon, Sep 17, 2020
  4. joaxon Win User

KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore

Windows 10 Creator Update KVM Switch Problem

After Creator update KVM switch has stopped working. PC works fine until switching when PC hangs (no keyboard or mouse) causing reboot. KVM switch is USB and VGA. Have updated Nvidia drivers and switched off fast start. All power management on usb is disabled.
    Can anyone suggest anything else I can try.

Many thanks

John

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

joaxon, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore - Similar Threads - KVM switch stopped

2. Issue with a KVM switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a KVM switch: Hello, This is an odd one. I am currently using a KVM switch. Both computers are running Windows 11. Here is my set up: Monitors are 2 4K monitorsMonitor 1: M28U Monitor 2: Asus Predator something Computer 1: Desktop Graphics Card 3080 TIComputer 2: Microsoft Surface Laptop...
  3. Issue with a KVM switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a KVM switch: Hello, This is an odd one. I am currently using a KVM switch. Both computers are running Windows 11. Here is my set up: Monitors are 2 4K monitorsMonitor 1: M28U Monitor 2: Asus Predator something Computer 1: Desktop Graphics Card 3080 TIComputer 2: Microsoft Surface Laptop...
  4. Keyboard keys only stop working after a while, KVM switch and USB-C hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys only stop working after a while, KVM switch and USB-C hub: So my recent setup involves a dual monitor and computer KVM switch so I can switch between my home computer and my work laptop. On the laptop side which is the problematic one, I will have everything working for like 15 min until all of a sudden my keyboard keys won't work....
  5. Keyboard keys only stop working after a while, KVM switch and USB-C hub

Keyboard keys only stop working after a while, KVM switch and USB-C hub: So my recent setup involves a dual monitor and computer KVM switch so I can switch between my home computer and my work laptop. On the laptop side which is the problematic one, I will have everything working for like 15 min until all of a sudden my keyboard keys won't work....
  6. Keyboard keys only stop working after a while, KVM switch and USB-C hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows "switch desktop" stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "switch desktop" stopped working: The ability to switch between desktops Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow or Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow has stopped working. No idea what changed. All desktops are still there, but using them has become much less useful. Suggestions please??thx......
  8. Windows "switch desktop" stopped working

Windows "switch desktop" stopped working: The ability to switch between desktops Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow or Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow has stopped working. No idea what changed. All desktops are still there, but using them has become much less useful. Suggestions please??thx......
  9. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices: I have a Logitech BT keyboard and MX mouse, both of which are paired with two different machines. Device 1 on both the keyboard and mouse is my personal Lenovo Legion 7i. Device 3 on both is my work laptop, an HP Elitebook. When I switch the keyboard and mouse from 3 to 1 to...
  10. MSWin10 does not recognize mechanical KB on KVM switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSWin10 does not recognize mechanical KB on KVM switch: I have a couple of dual-boot systems, connected by KVM USB. When I was using a conventional membrane-keyboard, MSWin10 would work with the keyboard and mouse under both OSes. But when I switched to a mechanical KB, suddenly W10 can no longer see the keyboard on either...