Windows 10: KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10

Discus and support KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have two nearly identical PCs running Windows 10 connected to a KVM switch. P300 Thinkstation M93p Thinkcenter However when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albert1, Mar 13, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10

Hello,

I have two nearly identical PCs running Windows 10 connected to a KVM switch.

P300 Thinkstation
    M93p Thinkcenter

However when I connect a KVM switch with HDMI/Mouse/keyboard via USB, Windows 10 installs three mouse drivers and one keyboard driver.

Then when I try to use the mouse on either machine the screen focus goes all over the place switching between screens such as the desktop, start menu and sometimes other screens minimized at the task bar.

The mouse when connected via the KVM is totally unusable.

I'm trying to return the KVM and the seller want's me to try a few things such as switch to another mouse. However I currently don't have another wired mouse at least that I can find from storage. I should have some wireless mice, but am unable to remember where I stored them.

I don't believe the problem is with the mouse as I've since found another KVM, a used StarTech 2 Port HDMI KVM Switch SV231HDMIUA and the mouse and keyboard work perfectly with the StarTech KVM.

The KVM with problems, the keboard and HDMI video switch ok, but when connecting a mouse to the KVM the desktop becomes from each PC becomes unusable.

It appears the problem with the mouse is because when the problem KVM is connected to the PC's USB port Windows 10 installs three mouse drivers instead of one apparently causing problems with mouse control, etc.

From the Device Manager

* While the KVM USB is connected to the PC's usb.

Keyboards
    HID-keyboard device
    HID-keyboard device

Mice and other pointing devices
    Hid-compliant mouse
    Hid-compliant mouse
    Hid-compliant mouse
    Hid-compliant mouse

========================

* When the KVM USB is disconnected from the PC

Keyboards
    HID-keyboard device

Mice and other pointing devices
    Hid-compliant mouse

=========================

2 Port USB2.0 HDMI KVM Switch Switcher Cable For PCs Dual Monitor Keyboard Mouse | eBay

KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

albert1, Mar 13, 2018
  2. JayG_808 Win User

Windows 10 KVM switch and desktop icon issues.

I have run windows 10 for a while and within the past week or so I am having problems

with it and my KVM switcher. I have a trendnet tk-407 switcher. I have three computers connected through the switcher but generally only have one system up and running.

When I am on the system I randomly hear the sound that indicates an external device is being connected or disconnected. I lose my mouse and keyboard function and my desktop icons are re-arranged. I do not lose my monitor though.

If I switch the kvm to another port and back I get an usb not recognized error. I unplug my usb for the keyboard and mouse from the kvm switcher directly to the pc and can continue to work as normal however it still randomly rearranges my icons. The
    whole process is too quick for me to catch whatever process is causing this. I do have a program that saves and restores my desktop. Something in the system is either trying to invoke the kvm switch

or disconnecting my keyboard and mouse. I have checked the drivers and and ,according to device manager,everything is up to date.

Prior to this I was getting memory errors advising me to close programs, The system locked before I had a chance to close anything. That seems to have been fixed, now I have this problem. Could the issues be related?

JayG_808, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 KVM switch and desktop icon issues.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Since the mouse and keyboard work fine when they are disconnected from the KVM switch, the issue might be with the KVM switcher. I suggest you to contact trendnet support.

TRENDnet | Support | Contacting Tech Support

Keep us posted for further assistance with Windows, will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 13, 2018
Thema:

KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10

1. KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - KVM switcher installs

2. KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10: Hi, I'm after some advice regarding KVM extenders. I have a touch screen monitor I'm trying to control via a kvm. I can visually see the screen but cannot seem to get the touch screen functionality to work. If I plug the touch screen straight into pc it works. Any ideas??The...
  3. KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10: Hi, I'm after some advice regarding KVM extenders. I have a touch screen monitor I'm trying to control via a kvm. I can visually see the screen but cannot seem to get the touch screen functionality to work. If I plug the touch screen straight into pc it works. Any ideas??The...
  4. KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2

MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2: I'm virtualizing a FreeBsd 13.0-2 machine on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS GNU/Linux 5.15.90.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 x86_64 under WSL2 the base operating system is Win 11. I use virt-manager and everything runs fine until I try to upload a Window Manager, the mouse doesn't work in any...
  6. The best mouse drivers for two/three fingers option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The best mouse drivers for two/three fingers option: My hp elite book 8530p right click button not working but i tried to install synaptic pointing device so i can be able to use two fingers option but its not working.Need assistance please....
  7. The best mouse drivers for two/three fingers option

The best mouse drivers for two/three fingers option: My hp elite book 8530p right click button not working but i tried to install synaptic pointing device so i can be able to use two fingers option but its not working.Need assistance please....
  8. Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM

Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM: Every day my mouse freezes while I'm on the web or just in my files. I am on Windows 10 all updated , mouse and keyboard are connected to KVM switch. Help?...
  9. Mouse driver install

Mouse driver install: Hi, I have installed a Logitech M510 wireless mouse driver, which works fine. However, every time I start my PC in the morning, Win 10 installs an additional HID compliant driver, which is totally redundant. How can I verify which driver is used and how can I prevent that...
  10. USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10

USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10: I've got a Belkin Flip KVM switcher which I use simply to flip my USB keyboard and mouse from one rig to another, it's been working fine under Win7. I installed Win10 on box A and left box B as Win7, when I switch to the Win10 box it doesn't detect the USB devices. If I pull...