Windows 10: L2TP VPN on Windows 10

Discus and support L2TP VPN on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm brand new to Windows 10. I've been living in OS X the past few year and just getting reacquainted with Windows. I'm trying to connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robert32_862, Dec 3, 2018.

1. L2TP VPN on Windows 10

Hello. I'm brand new to Windows 10. I've been living in OS X the past few year and just getting reacquainted with Windows. I'm trying to connect to my VPN server which I've been using (and continue to use) successfully with my Macs and iOS devices. L2TP over IPSEC.

I cannot connect to the VPN on my new Windows 10 laptop, though. I've added Firewall exceptions for UDP 50, 500, 4500 and it has made no difference. If I completely disable the firewall and any antivirus, I still can't connect. I get this message:

Can't connect to VPN
    The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because of one of the network devices (e.g, firewalls, NAT, routers, etc) between your computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections.

I opened a Wireshark capture and there are ISAKMP packets going between my machine and the VPN server, but it doesn't connect. I've searched all over the internet and haven't found a solution. Surely I'm not the only person in the world trying to connect to a VPN with Windows 10's built in VPN client?

Thanks for anyone that can share some knowledge!

:)

robert32_862, Dec 3, 2018

2. VPN L2TP server

I have previously configured a Windows 10 pc to accept incoming VPN traffic via broadband using PPTP protocol, but now that Apple have discontinued PPTP support on IOS/OSX based devices in favour of other protocols e.g. L2TP/IPsec, I have no apparent
    way of accessing my private network via an Apple client and a Windows based VPN server. Is there is a way to do something similar via an Apple based client and a Windows 10 pc running an L2TP based server?

RichardAppleton, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Ngan MF Win User
    when will windows phone support VPN ( PPTP, IPSec, L2TP, L2TP)?

Do anyone know when windows phone will support VPN ( PPTP, IPSec, L2TP, L2TP)?

Ngan MF, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Drone69 Win User

L2TP VPN on Windows 10

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

I use Nordvpn. You can connect 6 devices. You can choose servers by country or by a list of each server in each country, use UDP or HTTP, PPtP, L2TP. Double VPN, TOR via VPN. There`s are apps for android and iphones as well as DNS leak protection.

Drone69, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

L2TP VPN on Windows 10

1. L2TP VPN on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - L2TP VPN

2. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  3. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  4. L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.: Hi!I have a VPN server which is configured to handle L2TP over IPSec VPN. There are bunch of computers which use this VPN and everything works for them. I can just create the VPN connection using the UI. Today I got another Dell notebook with Windows 11 and ...guess what......
  5. L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.

L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.: Hi!I have a VPN server which is configured to handle L2TP over IPSec VPN. There are bunch of computers which use this VPN and everything works for them. I can just create the VPN connection using the UI. Today I got another Dell notebook with Windows 11 and ...guess what......
  6. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  7. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  8. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  9. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  10. W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...

W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...: Hi guysI recently replaced my hard drive with a SSD and used a clean install on Windows 10 via flash drive / recovery media. All has gone fine, except when I try and log on to my VPN I get the error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows vpn l2tp ipsec disconnects