Windows 10: L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?

Discus and support L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What the heck happened? Running Windows 19028VB_release.191115-1325. I created a VPN connection about two weeks ago and entered the reg key per: reg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeshkaKotera, Nov 22, 2019.

1. L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?

What the heck happened? Running Windows 19028VB_release.191115-1325. I created a VPN connection about two weeks ago and entered the reg key per:
    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PolicyAgent /v AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule /t REG_DWORD /d 0x2 /f
    All was working and it just took about 2-3 seconds to connect. This afternoon, forget it! I have checked all settings ...even deleted and recreated the connection. Nothing but the 809 error in the Event Viewer.
    I NEED this in order to work. HELP!
    Keshka

:)

KeshkaKotera, Nov 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro 1903 l2tp/ipsec psk vpn not working

Hello everyone,

after the upgrade to 1903, my vpn is not working anymore, the popup for user login is not showed and it remains in "connecting" state.

The vpn is an l2tp/ipsec with preshared key, using the built-in vpn client.

I don't see packets coming on vpn server side.

On both updated laptops the behavior is the same, on not updated computers the vpn is working fine.

Someone is having the same problem?

Someone has suggestions on how to solve it?

Thanks

Stefano B2K, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Drone69 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

I use Nordvpn. You can connect 6 devices. You can choose servers by country or by a list of each server in each country, use UDP or HTTP, PPtP, L2TP. Double VPN, TOR via VPN. There`s are apps for android and iphones as well as DNS leak protection.

Drone69, Nov 22, 2019
  4. L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?

L2TP VPN on Lumia 950 giving error code 812

Hello,

I recently purchased a Lumia 950 (AT&T running Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.10586.0.

When I configure my work IPSec L2TP VPN connection on my phone and then attempt to connect, it attempts to connect, then fails displaying the error:

The VPN connection failed with error code 812.

This seems to happen after the credentials are accepted.

During the connection attempt on the phone, the status display progresses as follows:

• Connecting to <address of my VPN server>
    • Verifying your credentials
    • Connecting to <address of my VPN server>
    • The VPN connection failed with error code 812.
    When I look at the logs of my VPN server, a connection is actually established successfully by the client, then immediately terminated.

I'm not positive who is terminating the connection on who (client or server).

VPN Settings configured on the Lumia 950 are as follows:

Connection name: My Work

Server name or address: <address of my VPN server>

VPN Type: L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key

Pre-shared key: <pre-shared key that is configured on my VPN server & working on other devices>

Type of sign-in info: User name and password

I have typed the username & password in again multiple times to confirm it is correct. It is.

Furthermore, I have a Lumia 925 running Windows Phone 8.1. It connects perfectly using these same settings.

It seems something changed in Windows 10 Mobile that caused this VPN connection to stop working.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to get this resolved?

I really need the VPN to be working.

Thanks!

-

Doug Mortensen

Impala Networks

Douglas Mortensen, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?

1. L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened? - Similar Threads - L2TP VPN WAS

2. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  3. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  4. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN L2TP Broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN L2TP Broken.: With the Recent updates on Windows 11, Last 3 weeks, my L2tp connection is not able to connect. I use Preshared key, not certificates. But the attempts are not leaving from Computer. Below Error Appears : If you do suggested command, the output is also not helpful Does anyone...
  6. VPN L2TP Broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN L2TP Broken.: With the Recent updates on Windows 11, Last 3 weeks, my L2tp connection is not able to connect. I use Preshared key, not certificates. But the attempts are not leaving from Computer. Below Error Appears : If you do suggested command, the output is also not helpful Does anyone...
  7. L2TP VPN will not authenticate/communicate

L2TP VPN will not authenticate/communicate: I have a client using a VPN we established through a Unifi Security Gateway. This client is no longer able to connect to our VPN. I have checked that all the settings are correct as far as log in creds and the PSK. I have tried enabling MS CHAP v2 and it was already enabled....
  8. VPN L2TP error code 809

VPN L2TP error code 809: Hello I need help. my env: win 10 1909 build 18363.719, L2TP with preshared key After I used CC cleaner my L2TP VPN stop working. Before was working fine and nothing changed on network or VPN server. Also on other devices works fine. I try to kind of debug my situation and...
  9. L2TP IPSec VPN no longer working

L2TP IPSec VPN no longer working: Hi I've been connecting to a L2TP IPSec VPN for quite a few months now to monitor a remote network but all of a sudden it has stopped working. It keeps saying "...Security layer encountered a proccessing error..." and will not connect. I have tested the connection details...
  10. L2TP VPN on Windows 10

L2TP VPN on Windows 10: Hello. I'm brand new to Windows 10. I've been living in OS X the past few year and just getting reacquainted with Windows. I'm trying to connect to my VPN server which I've been using (and continue to use) successfully with my Macs and iOS devices. L2TP over IPSEC. I cannot...