Windows 10: LAA Flag Being Ignored.

Discus and support LAA Flag Being Ignored. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 1803 and am trying to apply the LAA flag to an older application. The flag is being applied but not handled. The application still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by supadoom, Nov 26, 2018.

1. supadoom Win User

LAA Flag Being Ignored.

I'm on Windows 10 1803 and am trying to apply the LAA flag to an older application. The flag is being applied but not handled. The application still runs out of memory at about 2 Gb's instead of 4 as it should. Using a tool to view current flags it shows that it is applied during runtime. Any advice on how to fix this or work around it?

:)

supadoom, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Sinon Win User

Large Address Aware

well, you could add Company of Heroes, SupCom:FA and STALKER to that list, f.e.
    to me it makes perfect sense to ship new games with this flag out of the box, since most OS's are x64 nowadays and have mor than 4GB RAM available. but what happens if you use such a game with an x86 Win XP, f.e. with no LAA activated? would it crash or just ignore that flag on the game?

Sinon, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Voice Recorder Flags Disappeared

Hi,

I realize the problem you are facing with the voice recorder.

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Are you using windows built-in voice recorder or any other 3rd party voice recorder application?

• If you are using Build in Windows recorder, how did you put the flag?
    If you are using built-in Windows recorder, there is no option to put a flag on recorded voice. Provide us the screenshot of recording interface with Flag.

Refer the steps given in the below link to provide us screenshots:

How to include a screenshot in your post

In case if you are using any 3rd party recorder, then I suggest you to contact the developer of the application for further help.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

LAA Flag Being Ignored.

Large Address Aware

supcom and FA didnt have it out of the box, it was added in patches months (6 months+) after the community did it, and bitched, whined and nagged about it.

32 bit OS (aka XP) with an LAA app behaves exactly the same as if it wasnt LAA - it just crashes when it hits the limit. Then again, XP users can adjust the address space to 3GB anyway, with mild OS tweaking.

Mussels, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

LAA Flag Being Ignored.

1. LAA Flag Being Ignored. - Similar Threads - LAA Flag Being

2. OneDriveUpdateTask.exe being flagged as malicious

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDriveUpdateTask.exe being flagged as malicious: Hello, my PC is constantly executing the file "OneDriveUpdateTask.exe", which is creating temporary files that are being flagged as malicious by my antivirus software. I'm not sure if these are actually malicious or false flagged. Thank you for your time....
  3. OneDriveUpdateTask.exe being flagged as malicious

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDriveUpdateTask.exe being flagged as malicious: Hello, my PC is constantly executing the file "OneDriveUpdateTask.exe", which is creating temporary files that are being flagged as malicious by my antivirus software. I'm not sure if these are actually malicious or false flagged. Thank you for your time....
  4. OneDriveUpdateTask.exe being flagged as malicious

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Wi-Fi reconnect ignores flag "connect automatically"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi reconnect ignores flag "connect automatically": Noticed problem on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I have saved Wi-Fi net "A" and "D" with set "connect automatically" and net "M" with cleared "connect automatically".I connect to "D". When "D" become offline, I expect that Wi-Fi will auto reconnect only to "A" and never to "M"....
  6. Wi-Fi reconnect ignores flag "connect automatically"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi reconnect ignores flag "connect automatically": Noticed problem on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I have saved Wi-Fi net "A" and "D" with set "connect automatically" and net "M" with cleared "connect automatically".I connect to "D". When "D" become offline, I expect that Wi-Fi will auto reconnect only to "A" and never to "M"....
  7. hosts file being ignored

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hosts file being ignored: it seems windows 10 completely quit respecting any rules in my hosts file, what happened? submitted by /u/aNomadicNut [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ir7a/hosts_file_being_ignored/
  8. Hosts file is being ignored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosts file is being ignored: I tried blocking some websites with the hosts file and it completely gets ignored. I did all possible access ways for the website and still can access it. It's been awhile but either way I don't need to put all the possible ways, just what I type, no? e.g tenforums.com should...
  9. Hosts file is being ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file is being ignored: I tried blocking some websites with the hosts file and it completely gets ignored. I did all possible access ways for the website and still can access it. It's been awhile but either way I don't need to put all the possible ways, just what I type, no? e.g tenforums.com should...
  10. Hosts file being ignored

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hosts file being ignored: I have 3 Windows 10 machines, and the hosts file is being ignored by ALL browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) on ALL 3 machines. Yes, I know how to edit the hosts file, been doing it for 20 years. But just actually checked a few websites, and the 127.0.0.1 entries are ignored...