Windows 10: Labtop starting up then shutting down

Discus and support Labtop starting up then shutting down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.oof139, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Dr.oof139 Win User

Labtop starting up then shutting down

Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it goes over the same process what should I do about this

:)

Dr.oof139, Apr 6, 2020

2. Lost Labtop

I can't sleep knowing someone stole my HP Envy M7 touchscreen labtop.

Isn't there a way I can locate it with it probably being "shut down?" or "dead?"

It has a cracked screen, so no on can use it.... I'm hoping.

Please help me. I have receipt and warranty from Best Buy here in Kansas City....

I have an IP address somewhere as well, but I'm not that much of a geek.

-Amanda (surg tech student, NEED LABTOP)

AmandaPierce89, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Buying a Labtop

Alright I am going to buy a labtop as I am no longer playing video games, but I am want something that has sick graphics as far as looking glossy and HD goodness.

So I found the labtop i want i think, a dell xps M1530

But What i am confused about is the different options to pick for the screen

The most expensive one states:
    High Resolution, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LED LCD (1440x900) & 2.0 M

the 50 dollar less one states :
    Full Hi Definition, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1920x1200) & 2.0 M

Now the LED one, it says High Resolution, but does not say HD, Which one will look more Glossy and HD, you know how the labtops look in stores how real they look. what is the major difference?

Which one would you pick for a more realistic picture for HD backrounds and movies/pictures

Noobcomputermaker, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Labtop starting up then shutting down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Labtop starting up then shutting down

1. Labtop starting up then shutting down - Similar Threads - Labtop starting shutting

2. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up: Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the screen dims but does not sleep or shutdown. It will shutdown, then restart but shut back down. Automatic repair would pop up a...
  3. Computer start and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer start and shut down: I updated my laptop with the latest update from Microsoft but ever since then, my laptop takes way too long to start 3-4 minutes and even longer to shut down5-6 minutes i've tried to use the update again to see if there are any issues, but it says my computer is up to date....
  4. lock-up at shut-down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lock-up at shut-down: My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-up-at-shut-down/ce811795-053c-4254-ba88-ba9adbb60ec3
  5. Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down: Earlier it was just freezing during shutdown/restart so I ignored it as I could just forcefully shutdown the PC using the power button. But now I can't even login, the moment it shows mouse pointer on screen after boot screen, keyboard, mouse everything just freezes up. No...
  6. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

at start up 1 minute computer shut down: I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-start-up-1-minute-computer-shut-down/6eb521c6-73e2-43b8-b4bd-725995d6e1a8
  7. I can't shut down my labtop

I can't shut down my labtop: everytime I shutdown my labtob it makes restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-shut-down-my-labtop/6dbaf4ce-7d85-44a9-b49b-fe989a319856
  8. PC continues to shut down during start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to shut down during start up.: I have been having this trouble for quite some time now, and have done what was suggested. It still continues to shut down during the first start up I do after it has been off for an hour or so. I have posted viewer files like asked. I have changed quick start up to slow...
  9. shut down and start up background screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    shut down and start up background screen?: Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this part? 55145
  10. Ext. HDs: “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext. HDs: “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.”: I’ve just updated from Windows Vista to Windows 10 and my external hard drives are shutting down less than a minute after the last access. It’s now, “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.” How can I tell Windows to allow them to spin for longer periods of time like it was...