Windows 10: Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

Discus and support Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After trying a zillion possible fixes from various online forums when my laptop stopped waking from sleep, I think I have finally tracked down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SleepyLibrarian, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

After trying a zillion possible fixes from various online forums when my laptop stopped waking from sleep, I think I have finally tracked down the actual cause, but I don't know how to fix it. I finally learned to check this:Ah-ha! Nothing is enabled to wake up the computer! That DOES explain the problem. I just need to enable my trackpad and keyboard to wake the computer up! I even know the command to do it! This ray of hope is the high-point of my emotional journey through troubleshooting.So I would move on to powercfg/deviceenablewake "HID compliant mouse" but there's a problem. Neither m

:)

SleepyLibrarian, Jul 29, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jul 29, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    mouse/keyboard wont wake pc

Hi, different users receive different updates at different times, so I don't know to which updates you are referring.

Could you post a screenshot of your Update History please?
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Then Browse to your image, select it and upload it. E.g. png, jpg. Thanks.

For more guidance
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Windows 10 Forums

Open a command prompt and use this command to list all devices potentially capable of waking your PC:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any
    Please post a screenshot.

Then use this command to list devices presently enabled to wake from sleep:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_armed
    Please post a screenshot.

See if your mouse and keyboard are listed.

Also please specify whether your mouse and keyboard are USB or wireless devices - how are they connected?

dalchina, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

1. Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any - Similar Threads - Labtop won't wake

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  4. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  8. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  9. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  10. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...