Windows 10: Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

Discus and support Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had an issue where my Lacie hard drive kept going to sleep/inactive every 30 seconds or so which was really annoying having to wait ages to load up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by humanracer, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

I had an issue where my Lacie hard drive kept going to sleep/inactive every 30 seconds or so which was really annoying having to wait ages to load up folders etc. The solution suggested at External Hard Drives constantly sleeping despite all suggestions. - Microsoft Community worked completely but now my hard drive keeps super warm after a bit. Is this related to changing these settings so the hard drive is always running? What would be the best settings here?

:)

humanracer, Mar 11, 2023
  2. btarunr Win User

LaCie Announces Its Fastest Mobile Hard Drive: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0

LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives – the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the super speeds of USB 3.0 and LaCie’s award–winning rugged design. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power–efficient and fast–performing mobile hard drives offered by LaCie.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s – three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable to be assured optimal performance.

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings 116a_thm.jpg

"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne–Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive – making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."

If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 – you choose the card.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. This means it will work with any computer or notebook that has a USB connection – offering instant usability no matter what version of USB.

Housed in the award–winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.

For advanced users, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is the only storage solution you need for transferring large digital files on the go, with super fast speeds.

Availability
    The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).

Product Highlights
    • Fastest interface on the market, with speeds up to 110 MB/s
    • Rugged design: drop–resistant up to 2.2 meters
    • Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
    • 10GB Wuala online storage included for one year

btarunr, Mar 11, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    LaCie Announces Starck Desktop and Portable External Hard Drives

LaCie, in collaboration with world-famous designer Philippe Starck, announced the LaCie Starck Desktop Hard Drive and the LaCie Starck Mobile Hard Drive. The new products showcase more than just Starck’s iconic signature; there is an intellect revealed throughout each component of the design.

From Philippe Starck: "Technological genius explodes exponentially, each time with incredible power whose limits are yet to be known. The power remains, never abating, symbolically characterized by the sculptural magma that one attempts to cleave, to master within this geometrically perfect strongbox. A symbol of strength mastered, of freedom guided, of incandescent magma heeding to the form of its cast. The interpretation is free. But the mystery remains."

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings 107a_thm.jpg

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings 107b_thm.jpg

Complementing Starck’s design philosophy is an intelligent surface that responds to your touch. Exclusively featured on the LaCie Starck Desktop Hard Drive, you can customize the touch-sensitive surface to open an application of your choosing with the touch of a finger. It’s an easy, efficient way to streamline your digital life.

Encased in sturdy aluminum, the LaCie Starck Desktop Hard Drive and LaCie Starck Mobile Hard Drive offer the most resistant choices for consumer hard drives on the market. The durable exterior protects the hard drives from shock and overheating, making them thoroughly dependable. The LaCie Starck Desktop Hard Drive features a status LED in the form of Starck’s signature symbol. The symbol glows orange or green to indicate different activity. The LaCie Starck Mobile Hard Drive offers a built-in USB cable, uniquely placed for convenient storing and data accessibility.

"Choosing to work with my good friend and exceptional designer Philippe Starck is always exciting. He brings a poetry to his work, and helps us deliver products that combine function and beauty." said Philippe Spruch, Chief Executive Officer, LaCie. "The new Starck products showcase this amalgamation perfectly with LaCie’s constant innovation and Starck, who is the ultimate designer."

The LaCie Starck Hard Drives come standard with the versatile USB 2.0 interface, making it a user-friendly companion to your PC or Mac. In addition, the drives come with one of the most robust software bundles on the market—including LaCie Backup Assistant and LaCie Desktop Manager—helping you format, back up and customize your hard drive.

Fifteen years after LaCie’s first collaboration with Philippe Starck, which resulted in the award-winning "Toaster" hard drives, the new Starck Hard Drives underscore the importance of developing products that are as functional as they are beautiful.

Availability
    The LaCie Starck Desktop Hard Drive is available in 1TB and 2TB capacities, and the LaCie Starck Mobile Drive in 320GB and 500GB capacities. Products are available at LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+, and through authorized resellers and retailers, starting at the suggested retail price of $129.99 for the Desktop and $99.99 for the Mobile (excluding VAT).

btarunr, Mar 11, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

LaCie Announces Hard Disk MAX, 2TB Storage in a Stylish Enclosure

Today LaCie announced its Hard Disk MAX high capacity storage system for users who want advanced RAID features with consumer-level ease of use and style. Designed exclusively for LaCie by award-winning industrial designer Neil Poulton, the Hard Disk MAX delivers 2 TB (terabytes) of ultra-reliable storage capacity in a stunning package that will satisfy high-performance requirements for the discriminating user.

The Hard Disk Max includes two large-capacity disk drives that can be set in either a RAID 0 or RAID 1 configuration with the simple flick of a switch on the back panel. RAID 0 stripes data across both disks for the fastest data retrieval response time, while RAID 1 mirrors data exactly on both disks for maximum data reliability.

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings 77a_thm.jpg

LaCie Hard Disk MAX: Expanding More Than Just Capacity
    • Simple and efficient dual-disk USB storage
    • RAID for high-performance and maximum reliability
    • Hub port feature
    • Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
    "Our Hard Disk Max is the ideal mass-storage product for users looking for high performance and data protection," said Lise Manteau, LaCie's Consumer Hard Disk Drive Product Manager. "Its elegant design and ease of use, combined with its competitive price, will appeal to users who have ever-growing data storage requirements."

Users can effortlessly configure the pair of high-speed 1 TB drives in the RAID setting of their choice. Included with the Hard Disk Max is the LaCie Setup Assistant for quick, easy and customizable formatting of the disk drives. The system also ships with Genie Backup Assistant for PC and Intego Backup Assistant for Mac.

The front USB 2.0 expansion port on the sleek, all-black polished-mirror enclosure can be used to link to another external drive for data backups. The multi-purposed blue LED stripe provides ambient light and changes to red to warn of potential problems.

The Hard Disk Max comes with the exclusive LaCie One Year Unlimited Online Backup service, which provides unlimited online backup for one full year after installation is a complete.

Availability
    The LaCie Hard Disk MAX designed by Neil Poulton is available worldwide through the LaCie Online Store or LaCie Resellers at the suggested retail price starting at $269.99 USD. For more product information, visit LaCie.

btarunr, Mar 11, 2023
Thema:

Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

1. Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings - Similar Threads - Lacie hard drive

2. Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings: I had an issue where my Lacie hard drive kept going to sleep/inactive every 30 seconds or so which was really annoying having to wait ages to load up folders etc. The solution suggested at External Hard Drives constantly sleeping despite all suggestions. - Microsoft Community...
  3. Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lacie hard drive getting very warm after changing sleep settings: I had an issue where my Lacie hard drive kept going to sleep/inactive every 30 seconds or so which was really annoying having to wait ages to load up folders etc. The solution suggested at External Hard Drives constantly sleeping despite all suggestions. - Microsoft Community...
  4. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  5. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  6. LaCie Hard Drive not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LaCie Hard Drive not recognized by Windows 10: In the last 24hours, 2 separate Windows 10 computers, no longer recognize my LaCie '2tb LaCie 2big triple interface 7200rpm usb' connected via the USB2 interface. Despite moving the cable around to different USB ports, no luck. Fortunately, i had an older laptop still...
  7. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  8. Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode

Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode: I like my laptops to sleep when I close the lid and have set this up on my next Dell XPS 13. When I put my other laptops to sleep they are stone cold but the Dell XPS stays as warm in sleep as it gets when doing light browsing. I have run the powercfg /a and - energy...
  9. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...
  10. CPU Getting Warm

CPU Getting Warm: When I leave my computer I lock my account (win+L), and sometimes go to bed without turning it off. I have noticed on a few occasions now that when I arrive back at my pc, the CPU fan's are whirring louder than normal. The temps had been at 60c, when normally they are at 40c....