Windows 10: LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?

Discus and support LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey All, We have bit of a riddle and I thought I would ask here about your thoughts. We have this disk: Rugged Triple USB 3 | LaCie Support US Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krzemien, Apr 23, 2019.

1. krzemien Win User

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?

Hey All,

We have bit of a riddle and I thought I would ask here about your thoughts.

We have this disk:

Rugged Triple USB 3 | LaCie Support US

Disk is fine, its cable - although not original one - has been USB 3.0-tested with another SAMSUNG or SEAGATE external disk. We also checked the other cable as well - all to no avail: It stubbornly gets recognised as USB 2.0-only device by Windows 10 on our company Surface Laptops - also confirmed by USB Tree View utility.

Disk firmware is up to date, we do use USB 3.0 port (straight or via hubs) that otherwise work fine with USB 3.0 devices.
    We connected this disk to Mac laptop - ~41MB/s was all we could get - which implies USB 2.0 connection again (not sure if MacBook Pros have USB 3.0 ports - I think they do though?).

I reached LACIE and am awaiting their further update on this past the first not very helpful ideas (reformat the drive), but... Ideas?

:)

krzemien, Apr 23, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

LaCie Announces Its Fastest Mobile Hard Drive: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0

LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives – the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the super speeds of USB 3.0 and LaCie’s award–winning rugged design. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power–efficient and fast–performing mobile hard drives offered by LaCie.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s – three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable to be assured optimal performance.

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 116a_thm.jpg

"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne–Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive – making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."

If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 – you choose the card.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. This means it will work with any computer or notebook that has a USB connection – offering instant usability no matter what version of USB.

Housed in the award–winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.

For advanced users, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is the only storage solution you need for transferring large digital files on the go, with super fast speeds.

Availability
    The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).

Product Highlights
    • Fastest interface on the market, with speeds up to 110 MB/s
    • Rugged design: drop–resistant up to 2.2 meters
    • Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
    • 10GB Wuala online storage included for one year

btarunr, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Sqkr Win User
    Lacie Rugged not recognised by Surface Pro (2017 version)

Frustratingly my USB 3.0 Lacie Rugged drive is not recognised by my new Surface. The drive is powered with the light on but the Surface doesn't register the drive at all. No malfunction, no mounting, no beep - nothing. The Lacie drive works just fine everywhere
    else, including my older Windows 10 laptop, and includes all my archive material so it's pretty important I get it to work...especially as the internal SSD on this thing is so tiny. Other drives work fine in the Surface, it's just the Lacie.

I've checked the USB drivers are working in Device Manager, reinstalled them, tried a new storage pool - nothing fixes the issue. It's just completely ignoring the drive. I've googled and googled and as yet not found the answer.

Are there any additional drivers available? Anyone else had a similar problem, and found a solution? :/

4. btarunr Win User

LaCie Announces Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series

Today LaCie announced its award-winning Rugged hard drive is the first storage solution to feature both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 technology on a high-performance SSD. These cutting-edge technologies make the new LaCie Rugged the fastest bus-powered solution on the market.

"Since LaCie introduced the Rugged, it has been a favorite of creative professionals," said Philippe Spruch, CEO, LaCie. "It's trusted and always with them through the content creation process. Today, LaCie gives the ultimate solution to those professionals. The most impressive speeds I've seen to revolutionize their productivity."

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 135a_thm.jpg

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 135b_thm.jpg

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 135c_thm.jpg

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 135d_thm.jpg

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? 135e_thm.jpg

NO COMPROMISE SPEED
    The LaCie Rugged brings two industry leading technologies, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt together so users can experience the fastest transfer speeds available on PC or Mac. The LaCie Rugged SSD delivers record-breaking speeds up to 380MB/s – making it the fastest bus-powered product ever. Respectively, the hard disk version performs up to 110MB/s, a 35 percent improvement over FireWire 800. Whether you are a photographer, videographer, or power user, the LaCie Rugged can move 10GB in a few seconds and ensure zero lag-time when accessing files, viewing photos, or editing videos.

UNIVERSAL CONNECTIVITY
    The LaCie Rugged ensures projects don't get derailed due to external drive or computer incompatibility. With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie Rugged is guaranteed to work on any PC or Mac. And because USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, the user can connect it to any standard computer on the planet. The LaCie Rugged is also fully bus-powered through the included USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables, so professionals will be up and running right out of the box. Its portability and ensured connectivity make the LaCie Rugged an ideal sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook.

FULL DATA PROTECTION
    Traveling from desktop to mountaintop, the LaCie Rugged can protect data against any threat. It is MIL-compliant for superior data protection from accidental drops up to 1.2 meters (4 feet). And thanks to SSD technology, it can resist intense vibration and shock. The LaCie Rugged is tough enough to be shipped for reliable delivery to colleagues, clients or partners and includes AES 256-bit encryption software to protect files from prying eyes or theft.

Watch the LaCie Rugged in action as a busy photographer makes a mad dash to meet an important deadline. See how speed, universal connectivity and ruggedness help save the day

AVAILABILITY
    The Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series, design by Neil Poulton, comes in a 1TB HDD model and 120GB SSD model. It is available through Apple Retail, as well as the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers starting at $199.99.

btarunr, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas? - Similar Threads - LACIE Rugged Triple

2. LaCie not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LaCie not recognised: Hello,I am having trouble with my LaCie hard drive not being recognised by Windows. When I go into devices and printers it shows that it’s there and that it’s healthy hard drive but still nothing. I have tried multiple usb-c and usb cables and different devices and it’s the...
  3. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  7. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  8. LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?: Hey All, We have bit of a riddle and I thought I would ask here about your thoughts. We have this disk: Rugged Triple USB 3 | LaCie Support US Disk is fine, its cable - although not original one - has been USB 3.0-tested with another SAMSUNG or SEAGATE external disk. We...
  9. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  10. WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised

WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised: Hi, to cut the story short, mypassport external drive suddenly stopped being recognised on USB 3 ports (it lights up and spins, but no drive shows up) whereas the USB 2 port is working fine albeit slow obviously. The SMART data show 700 hours of being powered on and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lacie rugged usb 2.0 windows 10