Windows 10: lack of access to Admin

Discus and support lack of access to Admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; RE: Windows 10 I need to uninstall a printer that has suddenly quit working and as suddenly, I get an error 'I get 'protected by system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linda Nunes, Mar 16, 2020.

1. lack of access to Admin

RE: Windows 10 I need to uninstall a printer that has suddenly quit working and as suddenly, I get an error 'I get 'protected by system administrator' when I attempt to uninstall this printer so I can re-install so I can correct the printer problem. When I search for administrator only 1 account appears that of my daughter who it does not show as Admin., it just shows 'password protected; At this point, I can only assume that this hidden admin was created during an update. I understand that there is a Windows admin? how do I fix this problem?

:)

Linda Nunes, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 16, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. lack of access to Admin

Windows 10 no admin access

Hi,

We'd like to learn more about the issue that you recently encountered. For us to provide the troubleshooting steps, please clarify the following:

• When you mentioned that you have no admin access, does it mean that you can sign in to your own user profile but the privilege is limited?
    • Have you made any changes or installed updates before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter an error message/code when you tried to restore your PC?
    To also answer your inquiry about the Admin account, there is a hidden built-in Admin account that you use in case of emergency. We will provide the instructions on how to access the hidden Admin account once we determine the root cause of your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

lack of access to Admin

1. lack of access to Admin - Similar Threads - lack access Admin

2. The context menu lacks access keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The context menu lacks access keys: The new context menu lacks the access key feature, the underlined letters or letters in parentheses in non-Latin languages, which had existed from Windows 2.0! The access keys allow you quickly select the menu item by press the letter. For example, press R to open Properties...
  3. The context menu lacks access keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The context menu lacks access keys: The new context menu lacks the access key feature, the underlined letters or letters in parentheses in non-Latin languages, which had existed from Windows 2.0! The access keys allow you quickly select the menu item by press the letter. For example, press R to open Properties...
  4. "admin" with no access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "admin" with no access: I am registered as an admin on MY personal HP laptop but do not have any admin rights or privledges. There are alot of othe users and groups that do but I dont know whoo they are or how they got access to my computer. I cannot run cmd as aadmin i cannot add another user i...
  5. "admin" with no access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "admin" with no access: I am registered as an admin on MY personal HP laptop but do not have any admin rights or privledges. There are alot of othe users and groups that do but I dont know whoo they are or how they got access to my computer. I cannot run cmd as aadmin i cannot add another user i...
  6. Admin access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin access: Hi there,I set up a new laptop with my email and it had me as an administrator. Somehow I took the admin access off I'm not tech savvy. How do I get it back? I cannot run anything as it needs admin user and password and it doesn't give me an option. Can someone explain to me...
  7. No admin access

in Windows 10 Customization
    No admin access: Hello, i got into a big trouble. I changed my position to a normal user by going into; search tab> run> control> user acount> change account type. Now I dont have any administrator account. I would just factory reset my computer. But i cant. because I need administrator...
  8. Admin access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin access: I am an admin on our Surface and my husband's account shows up as another admin as well but he cannot remember username or email and so he cannot login. Where can I as an admin find his login details or reset for him....
  9. Lack of data access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of data access: Hi everyone! Couple of days ago I installed this new vpn on my p.c from an unofficial site. After some minutes I realized I can't open Google Chrome, or any of my applications, photos, and videos. Also I'm logged out of Skype involuntary. Seems like all my information is...
  10. Admin Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access: Hello, I'm currently having issues with granting admin permissions on my Windows 10. Whenever the prompt comes on (during a software installation, etc.), only "No" shows; "Yes" doesn't appear anymore. Please help!...