Windows 10: lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May...

Discus and support lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue with the " of lack of the Date Modified in File Explorer that was saved From an Outlook Microsoft office emails since May 18th update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryLarson1, May 23, 2020.

1. lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May...

I have an issue with the " of lack of the Date Modified in File Explorer that was saved From an Outlook Microsoft office emails since May 18th update.

It is only happening on email with those attachments that you save to the computer..

If you view PDF document file proprietress says:

Created: " Friday, December 31st, 4500, 6:00.00PM

Modified: " Friday, December 31st, 4500, 6:00.00PM

Those dates is the same on every PDF that comes in via email. I feel that Microsoft office is changing the dates of the actual PDF... this has been happening since last update of May 18th.

When you view this same PDF file in the windows 10 File explorer, there is no date listed at all! That field is blank!

Has anyone else seeing this issue? It is very annoying and frustrating.

:)

TerryLarson1, May 23, 2020
  2. BillMNYC Win User

Windows Explorer is slow to update "date modified" and hampers searching for most recently updated files

Windows Explorer doesn't seem to be keeping up with "date modified". E.g. I modify a file in Word then save it to my local drive. Then I open Windows Explorer and sort by Date Modified. The file I just saved should be displayed at the top of the file
    list, but it doesn't. I have to also add that it "sometimes" works, but most of the time, it doesn't. It seems like it takes several minutes for the file system to update to sort by Date Modified. Any suggestions?

BillMNYC, May 23, 2020
  3. jlai-17 Win User
    How to save attachment from Outlook without changing the Date Modified to current date

Hi,

I noticed that the Date Modified is changed to current date when I save an attachment from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10.

Previously, the Date Modified was based on the date/time of when the file was attached to the email, instead of date/time of when the file was saved from the email.

Somehow, something changed in Windows/Outlook in the last few weeks/month.

Is there a way to revert to either the original date of the attachment or the date the file was attached to the email or the date of the email, INSTEAD of the current date/time of saving the attachment.

This is critical because we will be able to tell if we have already the same copy of the attachment in our folder. If the Date Modified is based on current date/time, we can save it many times and have different dates but not know if the file is the same
    or a different version.

Thanks

Jeff

jlai-17, May 23, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May...

File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2020
Thema:

lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May...

1. lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May... - Similar Threads - lack Date Modified

2. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  3. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  4. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  5. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  6. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified: I was going through some files looking for the date I created / made / saved them first and noticed this problem.When I list Date Created and Date Modified in File Explorer, the Date Modified is either equal to possible or earlier than not possible the Date Created. I do not...
  8. Date modified with seconds in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Date modified with seconds in windows file explorer: Hi! For my studies I need the exact time including the seconds from many many pictures that we made. Does anyone know how I can easily make them show in the overview of the files in windows file explorer? Right now I only see this: [img] I know that I can also access it...
  9. Date Modified in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  10. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer sort reverts to "date modified": Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat"...