Windows 10: Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Discus and support Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello-Let me start from the beginning. I have the Sims 4. I'm running out of space on my C drive so I want to move it to my D drive. I made the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frostika, May 5, 2021.

1. Frostika Win User

Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Hello-Let me start from the beginning. I have the Sims 4. I'm running out of space on my C drive so I want to move it to my D drive. I made the correct folders in D drive documents, etc., but when I followed the directions to move my documents folder to my C drive I got the prompt:"Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."When I tried to do the workaround: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell FoldersI discovered that I didn't have that. I only had:HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Softwar

:)

Frostika, May 5, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 5, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, May 5, 2021
  4. Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Lack of directory in HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Similar Threads - Lack directory HKEY_CURRENT_USER

2. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  3. lack of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  4. lack of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  5. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkeycurrentusercontrol-paneldesktopwindowmetrics/92107db4-6799-47ec-9bae-ee0cbb9a9a81
  6. lack of support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  7. Registry subfolders empty in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry subfolders empty in HKEY_CURRENT_USER: I was about to look through my registry to clean some old things up, but before I could I noticed that under HKEY_CURRENT_USER all the subfolders had weird titles as if using an incompatible font, and each contain an empty default registry. This is probably over a thousand...
  8. Sound (lack of)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  9. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  10. Lack of Highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Highlighting: The lack of effective highlighting of selections in win 10 is finally driving me mad *Smile. Is there anything anyone knows of that can deal with this? I have attached a screenshot. Believe it or not Adobe Acrobat Update service has been selected. There is now way anyone can...