Windows 10: Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

Discus and support Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, recently my windows 10 laptop stopped detecting my headphones. My first thought was that it was a fault with my headphones, as the wire was in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KanishkKumar_820, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

So, recently my windows 10 laptop stopped detecting my headphones. My first thought was that it was a fault with my headphones, as the wire was in a bad shape.But after getting a brand new headphone, the system still fails to register a headphone in the audio jack. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers to no effect. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KanishkKumar_820, Oct 13, 2021

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

headphones not detected in windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the hardware problem. In-order to fix the computer performance issue, please follow the below method.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter and checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to make sure that the headphone that you are using are set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
    • Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
    • Reconnect your headphones and check if issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

1. Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lack headphone detection

2. Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10: So, recently my windows 10 laptop stopped detecting my headphones. My first thought was that it was a fault with my headphones, as the wire was in a bad shape.But after getting a brand new headphone, the system still fails to register a headphone in the audio jack. I have...
  3. Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lack of headphone detection in Windows 10: So, recently my windows 10 laptop stopped detecting my headphones. My first thought was that it was a fault with my headphones, as the wire was in a bad shape.But after getting a brand new headphone, the system still fails to register a headphone in the audio jack. I have...
  4. Windows 10 not detecting headphones

Windows 10 not detecting headphones: This is a problem I keep running into. I bought my current laptop around December, but the problems started last month. Sometimes the headphones will be detected, but other times not, especially if I put the laptop into sleep mode for a while. Drivers are up to date. I ran...
  5. Headphones not detecting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not detecting on Windows 10: My computer doesn’t have working speakers, so I’m trying to connect headphones to use instead, however, it’s not working. (This is a device gifted from a friend who had not used it in a while and has no clue about the issues I’m facing). I’ve tried a million different things...
  6. headphones not detected in windows 10

headphones not detected in windows 10: Hello everyone, I connect my headphones to my windows 10 and they are not recognized by the operating system. I still don't understand why in the name of Devil you force push these shi*ty updates to people ? Just to make traffic on your website? OR maybe you think in...
  7. Windows 10 Not Detecting Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Not Detecting Headphones: My headphones worked a couple days ago, know they don't. I tried updating my AMD high definition audio device drivers, nothing. I tried switching to just high definition audio device, nothing. I cant do any of the tutorials I find online because my headphones don't show up as...
  8. Headphones not Detected on Windows 10

Headphones not Detected on Windows 10: Whenever I plug headphones into my laptop, there is no sound from the headphones. I have checked many guides, and no matter what I try, I cannot seem to fix the problem. This leads me to think that my aux port may be broken, but when I plug the headphones in, there is a...
  9. Headphones detection with windows 10

Headphones detection with windows 10: I have a Dell laptop running windows 10. The laptop will only detect headphones if they are inserted before the laptop starts, requiring a restart if I want to swap to headphones, or external speakers. I've seen various guides from microsoft giving explanation on how to fix...
  10. WIndows 10 not detecting headphones

WIndows 10 not detecting headphones: After a recent update from windows 10, my laptop has not been detecting my headphones when plugged in. A notification would appear saying the device was plugged in, and then it will show it's unplugged after 2 secs. Now it isn't detecting the headphones at all. The speakers...