Windows 10: Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store

Discus and support Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The only premium movie channel app I found was Epix. Is this correct? And that's prolly the most unknown movie channel. HBO, Cinemax, Showtime,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rasmasyean, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store

The only premium movie channel app I found was Epix. Is this correct?
    And that's prolly the most unknown movie channel.
    HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Encore, Starz, TMC, all don't appear. Did I miss any?

What's up with that? You'd figure since there are so many more Windows users than any other "device", that would be a important place to host your app. Is there some sort of special reason that causes them to be not in the Windows Store?

:)

rasmasyean, Mar 6, 2016

2. problem of lack of apps in store

I am having microsoft lumia 540. It is a good phone but its store does not support alot of apps.. google play store is supporting all apps thats why i want to get playstore in it and es file explorer too...

please help me !!!

alishahdamani, Mar 6, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    problem of lack of apps in store

the stores don't "support" apps.

companies make their apps for each store. if you can't find an app on the windows phone store, that means the company responsible for it hasn't made a windows version.

LCRT, Mar 6, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store

Remember, apps for things like these services are written by the content companies themselved, not Microsoft. All these services work well in web browsers so a Windows app is not required. On other devices (i.e. Android and IOS devices) the streaming services experiences are poor using those devices' browsers. So Android and IOS apps were written instead.

PJLLB, Mar 6, 2016
  5. So I take it that Tablet-Mode-Windows usage is not really large enough for the streaming services to bother with making a specific app optimized for touch interfacing?

rasmasyean, Mar 7, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Lilely -- and unnecessary for them to make one. The brower access command works fully using touch rather than mouse click for all the service I checked. But someday maybe we'll see dedicated Windows apps. Netflix has one -- and the interface is very similar to the web site browser access.

The possible reason you see an Epix app and not HBOGo, Showtime Anytime, Starz, Cinemax, the Movie Channel and Encore is because these have been around a lot longer than Epix and had existing mature streaming web site for their services already in place. And Epix is still trying to build a subscriber base.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store

1. Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store - Similar Threads - Lack premium channel

2. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  3. Windows lacking in bass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows lacking in bass: I'm currently having an issue with windows filtering out all sub base seemingly 80hz and under, my pc is hooked into an amplifier that feeds to a 10 inch kicker and the pc vibrates more than the kicker from all the fans in the case. I know my system is good because I hook my...
  4. Weather Channel Premium Upgrade

Weather Channel Premium Upgrade: I installed the premium upgrade and it worked fine... Had a problem with my iPhone and was sent a replacement... when I transferred the data from my old iphone to my new iphone my weather app was the standard version not the Premium version. How do I get the Premium version...
  5. Lack of graphics on windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lack of graphics on windows: After the last windows update the graphics seems to have gone to minimum. Startup screen is white, all text is in a white box with black line round it, date and time are missing from bottom right of screen, all open windows tabs are white. Went to windows help who told me to...
  6. The Weather Channel app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Weather Channel app: I want to download The Weather Channel app but it is no longer in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-weather-channel-app/7bcfcf6e-2ef8-41ae-9496-8fc08ced4f4e
  7. Apps & Reliability (or lack of)

Apps & Reliability (or lack of): Hi, This is addressed more to Microsoft than the Forum at large: My Reliability Monitor would be running at 10 most if not all of the time if it weren't for those terrible Apps. It makes the Reliability Monitor look like a Snakes & Ladders Board with a preponderance of...
  8. [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

[Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C: hello everyone i having issue with windows store app that not updating 0x080073B0C update failed please try again wondering if anyone else using that apps having similar issue or not i already tried uninstall the app, which cause me stuck, because i cant install it...
  9. The Weather Channel App update Available in Store

The Weather Channel App update Available in Store: The Weather Channel App Update Available in Store Version 2016.614.69.0 53352
  10. Battery apps and battery report lack data

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery apps and battery report lack data: Because the several battery usage apps I have installed do not display the usage data expected I have generated a report, as described on this site --- only to find most of the data is missing there too. Presumably there is something wrong in my computer's Settings. What is...