Windows 10: Lack of Sleep

Discus and support Lack of Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 media PC. It drives a large screen mounted on the wall. The problem I have is that I have it set to enter sleep mode after 2 hours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Lack of Sleep

I have a Windows 10 media PC. It drives a large screen mounted on the wall. The problem I have is that I have it set to enter sleep mode after 2 hours, but invariably I find it sill on the next day, playing videos. It seems that under some circumstances it just ignores the fact that there is no user input and decides not to shut down. I think this is when there is activity on the Ethernet port. Certain websites will continue to send data until manually stopped, which is unfortunately stopping the PC from entering sleep. Does anyone know of a way to get a pc to ignore activity on an Ethernet port and go to sleep anyway? Or perhaps and advanced power management package?

:)

davefaz, Feb 5, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Lack of Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Lack of Sleep

1. Lack of Sleep - Similar Threads - Lack Sleep

2. windows update lack of memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update lack of memory: My laptop wont update due to lack of memory. When I insert a 30GB memory stick as recommended by the help video, the choose the memory stick option is greyed out and I can only chose free up memory on the laptop. I have hardly anything on the machine, even my photos are on an...
  3. DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I notice that it has no internet access. Running the Network Troubleshooter shows that it's because DHCP is off. I have a reason why I want to use a static IP address, though, so this is a problem for me. Whenever I switch to manual IP...
  4. Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!: I bought a new laptop yesterday with Windows 10 on and have had at least 5 failed attempts to download Netflix, Spotify and iTunes. I have run the fix that was suggested on the 12th January but it still isn't working. Can you please help me with this as I am now starting...
  5. Hacked Accounts and a lack of help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked Accounts and a lack of help.: I am being hacked repeatedly and daily, I have lose control of all emails and online accounts including this one,. The hacker has blocked the option for me to close this account and I need it closed as I wont be responsible for their use of it. I have no faith in the online...
  6. Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...: windows 10 version 18.3 fails with lack of available storage message when there is 29.7 GB of removable storage available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-fails-due-to-lack-of-storage/a75bb76d-7fb0-466c-8943-de5fa5eb8958
  7. Lack of Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of Movie Maker: Why can't I use a "select all" to change the photo duration on slideshow/music videos. I'd have gotten a Mac if I'd known you'd dropped Movie Maker. I was liking Windows 10 until I found out MM had been dropped. Now the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. My next laptop...
  8. Where did you go Microsoft support, and is the lack thereof just another "bug" to endure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where did you go Microsoft support, and is the lack thereof just another "bug" to endure?: I talked to three separate people and not a single one could help me. The 1st guy ended up deleting some of my files as he said would not happen. The 2nd lady created a new user for nothing because she disconnected two seconds after she created it with no form of explanation,...
  9. Printer driver lacks functionality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver lacks functionality: I'm using an Epson printer (Workforce WF-3640). When I open Printer Preferences, I'm presented with a very limited set of options. I'm not sure how long ago this changed, but I do recall that I had full set of options at one stage. For example, I used to be able to select...
  10. Lack of sound !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lack of sound !: I no longer have any sound . I unplugged the speakers once when the computer was on and have tried to plug them back in but there appears to be no response . It even says that a device has been unplugged even when one is there .Please help !...