Windows 10: Lack of Sleep

Discus and support Lack of Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 media PC. It drives a large screen mounted on the wall. The problem I have is that I have it set to enter sleep mode after 2 hours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Lack of Sleep

I have a Windows 10 media PC. It drives a large screen mounted on the wall. The problem I have is that I have it set to enter sleep mode after 2 hours, but invariably I find it sill on the next day, playing videos. It seems that under some circumstances it just ignores the fact that there is no user input and decides not to shut down. I think this is when there is activity on the Ethernet port. Certain websites will continue to send data until manually stopped, which is unfortunately stopping the PC from entering sleep. Does anyone know of a way to get a pc to ignore activity on an Ethernet port and go to sleep anyway? Or perhaps and advanced power management package?

:)

davefaz, Feb 5, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Lack of Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Lack of Sleep

1. Lack of Sleep - Similar Threads - Lack Sleep

2. Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...: Hello everyone!I hope you are doing well while reading this. For months now since I got the new windows and PC I have been having issues. I didn't do a perfect installation and I messed something up with my discs installing new windows while transferring some data from one...
  3. Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...: Hello everyone!I hope you are doing well while reading this. For months now since I got the new windows and PC I have been having issues. I didn't do a perfect installation and I messed something up with my discs installing new windows while transferring some data from one...
  4. My laptop lacks a Print Screen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop lacks a Print Screen button: My laptop lacks a Print Screen button, so I remapped F11 to serve that function. Now, I use Windows + F11 to take screenshots on Windows 10. Previously, using Windows + Print Screen would capture my entire screen and save it to a 'Screenshots' folder in 'Pictures'. However,...
  5. My laptop lacks a Print Screen button

My laptop lacks a Print Screen button: My laptop lacks a Print Screen button, so I remapped F11 to serve that function. Now, I use Windows + F11 to take screenshots on Windows 10. Previously, using Windows + Print Screen would capture my entire screen and save it to a 'Screenshots' folder in 'Pictures'. However,...
  6. Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  7. Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?

Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  8. New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...: Hey. I have an unusual problem I guess. I noticed that from time to time during browsing the internet or regular working on the laptop, it freezes completely, screen gets suddenly black, the fan works very loud in a rhythmical way like there are moments it doesnt work loud on...
  9. Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.: My external hard drive keeps falling asleep after a set period of time, which makes it borderline unusable for gaming. I looked up how to fix this and every solution mentions changing the advanced power options on my power plan. However, windows removed many of the power...
  10. Windows 10 - lack of sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - lack of sleep!: Hi, I've just discovered that windows 10 was updated 10 days ago on my computer. Since then then it fails to go to sleep automatically. I have altered the function of the button to put it to sleep manually, but only then if Outlook is closed first. Any ideas ?...