Windows 10: Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive

Discus and support Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have been asked to see if I can gain more space on a Acer spin 1 laptop as there is insuffisant space for any more updates first I downloaded windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Beard_425, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive

have been asked to see if I can gain more space on a Acer spin 1 laptop as there is insuffisant space for any more updates first I downloaded windows 10 on another PC with media creation tool onto a bootable USB and when instaling it deleted the hidden partition to give more space then installed without internet connection next created a local account and then went to services.msc and disabled the updates then connected to the internet which made it work OK and giving 8gig of space.

Next went to Microsoft Update Catalog and downloaded latest security updates tried to instal but came up with: Installer encountered an error: 0x80070422 The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices assosiated with it just discovered that updates have to be turned on to enable standalone security updates! So it looks like I have a working but very insecure laptop unless I can in some way pick just security updates to save space any suggestions would be gratefully received.

:)

The Beard_425, Mar 31, 2021
  2. elam Win User

Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 x64 on a HP notebook after malware, but have a problem with the EMMC drive that doesn't appear in boot manager and gives an error "Boot Device Not Found" at start.

I have done a lot of tests and follow all usual methods to reinstall windows, but not any worked. I don't put here the list of all i have done but Bios and EMMC drive seem healthy, so i don't think it is a material problem.

I tryed to reinstall different versions of Windows 10 and 8 with a boot key (made with Microsoft MediaCreationToolbios and Rufus) and Bios settings set to UEFI (security boot and legacy boot desactivated) and EMMC drive completely reseted with DISKPART: clean. The partition table of EMMC drive is well GPT(not MBR).

All the time the windows install is doing fine, but at restart there is no boot. But all the 4 windows10 partitions (especially the UFI Boot partition) and windows files are well written on the drive, so the Windows installation seems ok

Where i am now is to think that there is a problem with the EMMC driver, because DISKPART command "Detail disk" says that the EMMC drive is not bootable and the driver of the disk is "Microsoft Storage Space Device" (normally used only for "Storage Pool" Windows feature that i don't use) instead of a normal SATA driver :

Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive [​IMG]

Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive [​IMG]

I'm not sure it is normal, as this notebook has only one internal EMMC drive, so it doesn't make sense to create a storage pool.

I found a post here that seems to correspond to my problem, but the solution proposed at the end doesn't work for me :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-abcf1621fab8

I used a WinPE boot key to start powershell and delete all storage pool (that could have been made by windows installation) with command "Remove-StoragePool" as it is proposed in the post, but this doesn't work.

To be sure i'm not going in the wrong direction, could someone tell me if it is normal that an EMMC drive is recognized as a "Microsoft Storage Space Device", that could explain why it is not seen by Bios and declared not bootable.

In particular if someone has a HP notebook with EMMC drive, could you please look in its properties (like in picture 1) to see how it is recognized by the system in a healthy configuration.

Thanks a lot for any help

3. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CLack of space on 35gig EMMC drive :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive

1. Lack of space on 35gig EMMC drive - Similar Threads - Lack space 35gig

2. How do I Reinstall ONE DRIVE if it stops me due to lack of space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reinstall ONE DRIVE if it stops me due to lack of space: I ran out of C:disk space and added 1 TB to one drive account but I deleted one drive from windows 10 by mistake. How can I restore ONE DRIVE to my windows 10 if it says I don't have any space to do so. Is there anyway that I can restore my Dell PC to an earlier date even...
  3. Windows 1909 on 32GB eMMC drive

Windows 1909 on 32GB eMMC drive: I have an Asus E200H with a 32GB eMMC hard drive. There is not enough space to install the latest Windows updates. Can this be done? If not what are my options? Throw a perfectly good computer in the bin? How essential are these huge updates?...
  4. Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device

Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device: Hi, I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 x64 on a HP notebook after malware, but have a problem with the EMMC drive that doesn't appear in boot manager and gives an error "Boot Device Not Found" at start. I have done a lot of tests and follow all usual methods to reinstall...
  5. Can't install latest updates because of lack of Drive C: space

Can't install latest updates because of lack of Drive C: space: I have been having the same issue over and over and it doesn't seem like Microsoft is fixing this. I have a SSD drive of 128 GB and I have nothing on it except for Windows 10. I can't free up anymore space and it just seems to keep filling up and won't let me install...
  6. lack of space for update

lack of space for update: I cannot install windows 10 updates. Lack of space I try clearing space but cannot get to option 2 install usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-space-for-update/7fae9098-9768-42cf-bc70-3522105e89af
  7. Lack of space

Lack of space: I have an HP Stream and it is always saying I have no space left. I have tried to put a flash drive in, but nothing changed. I tried an external hard drive, but nothing changed. I tried to change where downloads are saved, but to no avail. Any words of wisdom for me?...
  8. Clean install with usb due to lack of free space

Clean install with usb due to lack of free space: How do i clean install using a usb due to not enough space?? I have tried using Update assistant and Windows Update...neither will give me the promt to use an external device. This has been a nightmare!...
  9. windows 10 update and lack of disk? computer? space

windows 10 update and lack of disk? computer? space: I am a normal person with very little computer knowledge beyond paying bills and using Itunes. I have been told by my not quite a year old computer that I don't have enough memory to download Windows 10 update. My husband and I are not gamers, we have about 2000 pictures...
  10. Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space: OS: Windows 10 Pro, App : State of Decay 2 My C:\ drive is a 128 GB SSD. By default, the Windows Store tries to download to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps It failed due to lack of space. The C:\ drive has 10 GB and has plenty of space for the OS. I keep my programs and...