Windows 10: Lack of space

Discus and support Lack of space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP Stream and it is always saying I have no space left. I have tried to put a flash drive in, but nothing changed. I tried an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteffaniNurches, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Lack of space

I have an HP Stream and it is always saying I have no space left. I have tried to put a flash drive in, but nothing changed. I tried an external hard drive, but nothing changed. I tried to change where downloads are saved, but to no avail. Any words of wisdom for me?

:)

SteffaniNurches, Oct 6, 2019
  2. ozeannie Win User

Lack of detail 1208

If you are still annoyed about the lack of detail in the manual you are not alone. My father is elderly and needs step-by-step instructions none of which are provided in the manual for most menu items. Suggest sending an email to Nokia customer support
    and add your voice to requesting a detailed manual online.

ozeannie, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't update because of a lack of storage space

Hi Scott,

Updating Windows 10 adds new features and security patches which require additional storage space on your hard drive. Update files are also compressed and need to be expanded during the update process. Normally, it is recommended that you have at least 8GB
    of free space on your device before applying a major update.

A few example of the things that eat up precious hard drive space are Windows temporary files, temporary internet files, downloaded program files, and offline web pages. To help free up space on your computer, we suggest that you use the
    Disk Cleanup tool. This lets you remove files that are no longer needed or that can be safely deleted. To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk Cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk Cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

You may also refer to the following article on how to free up more space for the update:

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Lack of space

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Lack of space

1. Lack of space - Similar Threads - Lack space

2. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space': My HP laptop won't boot. i tried resetting the device but it keeps saying 'needs additional space'. Since I can't even proceed to starting my laptop I am unable to free up any space as it won't go beyond the troubleshoot/ advanced options/ reset page. Any solutions?...
  3. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space': My HP laptop won't boot. i tried resetting the device but it keeps saying 'needs additional space'. Since I can't even proceed to starting my laptop I am unable to free up any space as it won't go beyond the troubleshoot/ advanced options/ reset page. Any solutions?...
  4. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...: My computer came with 2 drives HDD and SSD. The OS was installed on the SSD and is now out of space and basically rendering the desktop pretty much useless. I cannot install any security updates/patches/etc. nor can I install any of the latest updates/SP's.The HDD is 900GB+...
  6. My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...

My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...: My computer came with 2 drives HDD and SSD. The OS was installed on the SSD and is now out of space and basically rendering the desktop pretty much useless. I cannot install any security updates/patches/etc. nor can I install any of the latest updates/SP's.The HDD is 900GB+...
  7. My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I have a problem with lack of disc storage space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem with lack of disc storage space.: I am running Windows 10 Home V>21H1, OS Build 19043.1566. 643 bit operating system on Acer E5-772-33H6 Laptop.I am unable to find out why my ACERC: Properties display is showing in RED with virtually no available space remaining. I cannot recall taking any action that may...
  9. I have a problem with lack of disc storage space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with lack of disc storage space.: I am running Windows 10 Home V>21H1, OS Build 19043.1566. 643 bit operating system on Acer E5-772-33H6 Laptop.I am unable to find out why my ACERC: Properties display is showing in RED with virtually no available space remaining. I cannot recall taking any action that may...
  10. I have a problem with lack of disc storage space.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lack of space