Windows 10: Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update

Discus and support Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to update windows 10 i'm informed lack of space . I tried connecting thumb drive for space needed computer is not giving that option. what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanO'Hanlin, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update

When trying to update windows 10 i'm informed lack of space . I tried connecting thumb drive for space needed computer

is not giving that option. what now?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: lack of storage Drive C

:)

DanO'Hanlin, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 29, 2020
  3. rboppy Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, Nov 29, 2020
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update

What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update

1. Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update - Similar Threads - Lack storage Drive

2. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  3. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  4. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  6. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

STORAGE IN C DRIVE: Hi , My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with antivirus no virus found and and done disk clean up but it doesn't help and also done optimisation nothing happens and storage is...
  7. Drive C storage

Drive C storage: How do I create more storagenspace in Drive C in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-storage/21e7967f-84bb-461e-b9d7-4f812b931a6b"
  8. Can't install latest updates because of lack of Drive C: space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install latest updates because of lack of Drive C: space: I have been having the same issue over and over and it doesn't seem like Microsoft is fixing this. I have a SSD drive of 128 GB and I have nothing on it except for Windows 10. I can't free up anymore space and it just seems to keep filling up and won't let me install...
  9. Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...: windows 10 version 18.3 fails with lack of available storage message when there is 29.7 GB of removable storage available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-fails-due-to-lack-of-storage/a75bb76d-7fb0-466c-8943-de5fa5eb8958
  10. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"