Windows 10: lack of sync on Outlook w/Windows 10

Discus and support lack of sync on Outlook w/Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; since last Fril 9/28 have lost all saved: incoming, sent, draft emails & heard there was big sync issue caused by a recent Windows 10 update. also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OBXbruce, Oct 1, 2018.

1. OBXbruce Win User

lack of sync on Outlook w/Windows 10

since last Fril 9/28 have lost all saved: incoming, sent, draft emails & heard there was big sync issue caused by a recent Windows 10 update. also, lost all contact into and cannot send any emails. what is happening ?

:)

OBXbruce, Oct 1, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10 mail outlook app- slow syncing

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about syncing mails on Windows 10 Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What type of email account are you working on? Is it POP3, IMAP or Exchange server email account?
    • Are you referring to Outlook Mail Client or website?

If you are referring to Outlook Mail app then, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Outlook FAQ.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. lack of sync on Outlook w/Windows 10 - Similar Threads - lack sync Outlook

2. windows icloud not syncing with outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows icloud not syncing with outlook: Windows icloud not syncing with outlook windows 11*Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icloud-not-syncing-with-outlook/c9610749-b6b9-486e-9a15-af0201790aac
  3. windows icloud not syncing with outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows icloud not syncing with outlook: Windows icloud not syncing with outlook windows 11*Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icloud-not-syncing-with-outlook/c9610749-b6b9-486e-9a15-af0201790aac
  4. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  5. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  6. Help W/ Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help W/ Syncing: Hello,I just recently setup two devices a desktop and a laptop both running Windows 11. I am logged in to both of these devices with my microsoft account. I would like to have the settings be the same on both devices. I know there is a way to sync settings. I am unsure of how...
  7. Help W/ Syncing

Help W/ Syncing: Hello,I just recently setup two devices a desktop and a laptop both running Windows 11. I am logged in to both of these devices with my microsoft account. I would like to have the settings be the same on both devices. I know there is a way to sync settings. I am unsure of how...
  8. Windows 10 and Code two Outlook Sync

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Code two Outlook Sync: I have been using Code Two Outlook Sync successfully with 2 laptops for some moths now. Both PCs are using Windows 10 and Office 2016 Today both Windows 10 and Office 2016 went through routine updates. So I now have Outlook 2016 Office Version 16.0.6965.2058...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook: To Sync your email to Outlook after doing some email maintenance, hit the refresh button. I have attached a view of the button for reference. Note if you also are looking to manage your folders from Windows Mail, I have found that I need to do that from within Outlook. Unless...
  10. Syncing Outlook w/S5

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Syncing Outlook w/S5: For the 3rd time in a year I've had to recreate my outlook account. Now have a new computer and starting again. Would like to sync my PC outlook files (email, contacts, calendar, tasks) with my Samsung 5 and Asus Tablet (both android systems). It appears there are outlook.com...