Windows 10: lack sufficient permissions

Discus and support lack sufficient permissions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My user account refuses to allow me to be the administrator, tells me I lack sufficient permissions to change files. I am the only user. As a test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Beach 7522, Jun 12, 2019.

1. lack sufficient permissions

My user account refuses to allow me to be the administrator, tells me I lack sufficient permissions to change files. I am the only user. As a test user I can be administrator. Help. Adobe guys spent hours trying to make their apps let me import or export files. Nothing worked until they created a test user and opened lightroom there and it worked. Can I regain permissions in my user account or can I migrate my stuff to the new one? db

:)

David Beach 7522, Jun 12, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 12, 2019
  3. NTFS File System Permissions

Its already listed above in great detail however,

1) Files that are protected by "TrustedInstaller"/Windows (example: Internet Explorer, etc.)

2) Program Files, however you can find this inherent "protection" other places

3) It says that I lack sufficient permissions (and again like stated above I am part of the administrator group, and I have tried claiming ownership over the files/ to no avail)

TeylorSt.Francis, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

lack sufficient permissions

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

lack sufficient permissions

1. lack sufficient permissions - Similar Threads - lack sufficient permissions

2. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  3. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  4. You do not have sufficient permissions to install to this folder error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have sufficient permissions to install to this folder error: When trying to install a program to a different drive I receive “ you do not have sufficient permission to install to this folder” error. Any help is appreciated....
  5. You do not have sufficient permissions to install to this folder error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have sufficient permissions to install to this folder error: When trying to install a program to a different drive I receive “ you do not have sufficient permission to install to this folder” error. Any help is appreciated....
  6. You do not have sufficient permissions to install to this folder error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. can't modify file due to lack of permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    can't modify file due to lack of permissions: I am admin on my home PC and since i upgraded to 10 i can't seem to do a lot of things. In some cases i have been able to go into the file's properties and allow myself permission but in others not. Why is this? And how can i just have full control over everything? I can't...
  8. Access denied or lack permission on a private network

Access denied or lack permission on a private network: My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account. There are no restrictions, and mutual access is without passwords. The laptop is version 2004 and this works well and the desktop is still...
  9. "Sufficient privileges"

"Sufficient privileges": So I've been having this problem were I can't connect to an online session. I've tried sending an invite or getting an invite from a friend to join Forza Horizon 4 Online but won't let me. When I try joining a PVP session I get a note saying "A game invite was received, but...
  10. lack permissions to my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    lack permissions to my documents: I get a message "you don't currently have permission to access this folder", when I try to open my documents folder, which is located in the default location in my user account on the C drive. hmmm. I can click on the error message and gain temporary access, but after the...