Windows 10: Lag experienced when coming out of folders

Discus and support Lag experienced when coming out of folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I have updated to windows 11, I am experiencing an abnormal lag when I come out of folders, no matter whether it is one down from the root or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wotcheruk, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Wotcheruk Win User

Lag experienced when coming out of folders

Since I have updated to windows 11, I am experiencing an abnormal lag when I come out of folders, no matter whether it is one down from the root or further. It also appears to be worse if I stay in one particular folder for a bit longer than usual. The lag can be between 2 and 5 seconds and occasionaly a little longer. I have done the usual thing in looking for any malware, pup etc and the machine is scanned every night with a well known AV prog. Anyone have an idea how this can be prevented / cured?Wotcheruk

:)

Wotcheruk, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Game lag after the most recent update

Hi Billy,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing lags while playing. One of which is the game server issue. To properly address your this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link
    . This can help diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 10, 2021
  4. Lag experienced when coming out of folders

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

Lag experienced when coming out of folders

1. Lag experienced when coming out of folders - Similar Threads - Lag experienced coming

2. When will Windows 12 come out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Windows 12 come out?: Any idea? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-windows-12-come-out/127fcd4a-4611-49b1-a9a8-447a1cb04efd
  3. When will Windows 12 come out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Windows 12 come out?: Any idea? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-windows-12-come-out/127fcd4a-4611-49b1-a9a8-447a1cb04efd
  4. When Is Windows 12 Coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Is Windows 12 Coming out: Hi Microsoft,Just Wondering when Windows 12 is coming out or if there will be a windows 12Kind Regards,Josh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-windows-12-coming-out/2e15e197-93fe-4cb6-be01-053e55d52436
  5. When Is Windows 12 Coming out

When Is Windows 12 Coming out: Hi Microsoft,Just Wondering when Windows 12 is coming out or if there will be a windows 12Kind Regards,Josh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-windows-12-coming-out/2e15e197-93fe-4cb6-be01-053e55d52436
  6. Experiencing Keyboard delay lag and background application lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing Keyboard delay lag and background application lag when playing games: System Specs:i7 13700KFRTX 4070 Ti32 GB DDR5 5600mhz2 SSD's 1 1TB <--- Has Windows On It1 2TBIssue: I am experiencing sudden keyboard delay and application lag whenever I play an intensive game overall. Such as keyboard delay when I type something in the game and takes a good...
  7. Experiencing Keyboard delay lag and background application lag when playing games

Experiencing Keyboard delay lag and background application lag when playing games: System Specs:i7 13700KFRTX 4070 Ti32 GB DDR5 5600mhz2 SSD's 1 1TB <--- Has Windows On It1 2TBIssue: I am experiencing sudden keyboard delay and application lag whenever I play an intensive game overall. Such as keyboard delay when I type something in the game and takes a good...
  8. Lag experienced when coming out of folders

Lag experienced when coming out of folders: Since I have updated to windows 11, I am experiencing an abnormal lag when I come out of folders, no matter whether it is one down from the root or further. It also appears to be worse if I stay in one particular folder for a bit longer than usual. The lag can be between 2...
  9. When is winget going to come out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When is winget going to come out?: That is the only thing that kept me from coming back to Windows, the package manager. I know I can install 3rd party ones but I don't like them very much. submitted by /u/jf4488 [link] [comments]...
  10. Experiencing sudden mouse lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Experiencing sudden mouse lag: Hi all, I have a pretty decent system, it runs fine, but I've noticed since last week, my Logitech G502 is suddenly experiencing lag. No spikes, no drops, it just feels like it's dragging. I've tried changing DPI (though I didn't change the DPI in the first place) and it...