Windows 10: Lag in-between startup screens

Discus and support Lag in-between startup screens in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've faced this issue ever since I got this HP 15s laptop.My problem is that once I'd start my laptop from sleep, hibernate or shutdown regardless, I'd... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AbdullahKhan25, May 18, 2021.

1. Lag in-between startup screens

I've faced this issue ever since I got this HP 15s laptop.My problem is that once I'd start my laptop from sleep, hibernate or shutdown regardless, I'd get the splash screen with the time and stuff fairly quickly, I'd press the space bar to pull up my login screen to put my password, but all I get is that blank screen with a translucent effect the login page without the any of the elements on the page.It'd take a while, about 20 secs before I can enter my credentials, or occasionally I end up getting the first splash screen again, I press spacebar and then I get the credentials login screen

:)

AbdullahKhan25, May 18, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 18, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 18, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Lag in-between startup screens

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Lag in-between startup screens

1. Lag in-between startup screens - Similar Threads - Lag between startup

2. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  3. Mouse lag at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lag at startup: Sir, when I login to my laptop, the mouse lags for around 5 seconds after bootup,then seems to rectify itself.This happens every time I login.I can't figure out the cause pls give me some solution...
  4. Mouse lag at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lag at startup: Sir, when I login to my laptop, the mouse lags for around 5 seconds after bootup,then seems to rectify itself.This happens every time I login.I can't figure out the cause pls give me some solution...
  5. Windows 11 Lagging in between

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lagging in between: So the only problem is whenever i use my win 11 laptop, it always lags in between. In that time period, the audio sounds corrupted and everything freezes. It comes back to normal after a few seconds but then again freezes. I am really getting frustrated by this and I want it...
  6. Windows 11 Lagging in between

Windows 11 Lagging in between: So the only problem is whenever i use my win 11 laptop, it always lags in between. In that time period, the audio sounds corrupted and everything freezes. It comes back to normal after a few seconds but then again freezes. I am really getting frustrated by this and I want it...
  7. Startup pc cursor lag

Startup pc cursor lag: Around Ottobbre / November I put windows 11 on my pc and from that day on every time I turned on the pc the cursor lagging me and the pc unless I restarted it from the button after starting. Then I thought it was windows 11 even if I kept this thing for months about 3 weeks...
  8. Startup pc cursor lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup pc cursor lag: Around Ottobbre / November I put windows 11 on my pc and from that day on every time I turned on the pc the cursor lagging me and the pc unless I restarted it from the button after starting. Then I thought it was windows 11 even if I kept this thing for months about 3 weeks...
  9. Windows 10 Lag on Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Lag on Startup: I've had my windows 10 pc for about a month now but every since a few days ago I've been getting some awful lag. When I start up my computer the password box wouldn't show up at all and clicking the mouse wouldn't do anything. I would have to wait around 5 minutes for the...
  10. Windows 10 Lag on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lag on Startup: I've had my windows 10 pc for about a month now but every since a few days ago I've been getting some awful lag. When I start up my computer the password box wouldn't show up at all and clicking the mouse wouldn't do anything. I would have to wait around 5 minutes for the...