Windows 10: Lag issues after the 1809 update

Discus and support Lag issues after the 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased my new laptop. Specifications: i5 7th Gen 2.5GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB dedicated graphic memory, nvidia MX130. It came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ritesh Sachan, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Lag issues after the 1809 update

I recently purchased my new laptop.

Specifications:

i5 7th Gen 2.5GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB dedicated graphic memory, nvidia MX130.

It came with pre-installed genuine windows 10 OS (and it was activated). It was running in the 1709 version of the windows 10. Most of the available updates kept failing for some reason. Then I saw the windows update service wasn't running and it wasn't set to automatic. So I fixed that and the windows update service started running which fixed almost but not all the update errors. One update kept failing with error code 0x800f081f. So I looked for a fix in the support page of Microsoft and found that the windows was running on an older version i.e. 1709. So I downloaded the windows 10 update assistant from here and updated to the latest version. After the update, the first thing that I saw was the settings said "Windows isn't activated. Activate windows now." After clicking on it it takes me to the activation setting section where it shows "Windows 10 Home Single Language" and "Windows is not activated" with a red colored text "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. Error code: 0x80004005" even though I was connected to the internet. More of this after the update, the desktop goes all black and it comes back after a couple of seconds as if explorer.exe keeps restarting on it's own. Windows apps won't start. The mail and store icons on the taskbar keep disappearing. The disk usage is 100% all time now, with Service Host: Windows Event Log named service at the very top and more Service Host named services running at the same time. The speed of my laptop has slowed down because of the update. I wonder why all of this happened after the 1809 update. Help would be really appreciated!

:)

Ritesh Sachan, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Minecraft lags and issues with Windows updates.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Minecraft game lags while playing and some of the updates gets failed. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to corruptions in Windows update components and the game issue may arise when the games need the latest update.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run BITS troubleshooter and Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    • Once finished with the BITS troubleshooter, now run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    10. Select
    Troubleshooting.

11. Select
    View all on the top left corner.

12. Click
    Windows Update.

After performing the update troubleshooter, try to perform updates for the game and check if that helps to resolve the game lagging issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Lag issues after the 1809 update

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Lag issues after the 1809 update

1. Lag issues after the 1809 update - Similar Threads - Lag issues 1809

2. Display language issues after installing 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display language issues after installing 1809 update: Hello This is actually a solution to a common issue many people seem to have faced after installing 1809 update for Windows 10. If you have multiple languages installed and need to switch to a different display language, you might find it's not possible anymore after the...
  3. Driver issue after update 1809 -> 1903

Driver issue after update 1809 -> 1903: Hi, I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine. It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD 5750) since the driver automatically selected by Windows didn't work so well... But again, everything runs smoothly on 1809....
  4. After update 1809

After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  5. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  6. 1809 Update issues

1809 Update issues: Hello Microsoft and Community. i am experiencing a weird issue which i can't quite put my hands on. whenever i perform the 1809 update in an company environment. one specific user account on different computers(desktop or notebook) gets an black background instead of the...
  7. After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound: Steps: 1. Create 2 users 2. Login as User 2 3. Wait till PC go sleeping 4. Start PC 5. Login as User 1 Error => No sound (except in dialogs for sound configuration) Woraround: reboot PC...
  8. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  9. update issue in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update issue in 1809: hi joydeep sir still today same issue cant do windows update in 1809 giving error message cant do windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-in-1809/fc40ff57-eed1-4b4d-a65a-2838cbf679c8
  10. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lagging on 1809 windows 10

2. windows 10 1809 lag spikes

3. 1809 lagging

4. wondows 1809 lag,
  5. win10 1809 laggy,
  6. windows version 1809 laggy