Windows 10: Lag on login screen

Discus and support Lag on login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When logging in to my computer the screen to go to enter my password lags when it comes down. I usually just have to wait a few seconds, but it's just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flixster801, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Lag on login screen

When logging in to my computer the screen to go to enter my password lags when it comes down. I usually just have to wait a few seconds, but it's just inconvenient and annoying. When I boot into safe mode it fixes the problem, and it fixed it for a little while when not in safe mode. It started happening again, and I couldn't find a solution online for what to when safe mode fixes it. I'm hoping someone here can help. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Flixster801
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flixster801, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Lag on login screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lag on login screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Lag on login screen

1. Lag on login screen - Similar Threads - Lag login screen

2. PC lags, audio lags and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lags, audio lags and black screen: I made a post asking the same question and one member/staff/mod recommended me to use DDU and reinstall gpu driver after that as my DMP file state that there is an issue with my graphic card driver.however, after doing so, the problem still persist and for some reason, when...
  3. PC lags, audio lags and black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags, audio lags and black screen: I made a post asking the same question and one member/staff/mod recommended me to use DDU and reinstall gpu driver after that as my DMP file state that there is an issue with my graphic card driver.however, after doing so, the problem still persist and for some reason, when...
  4. PC lags, audio lags and black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 pin login screen mouse lags

windows 10 pin login screen mouse lags: Hi Whenever I boot up my computer and get to the screen where u put in the pin number the mouse lags. Especially when I move the cursor closer to enter the pin number. I have a feeling something malicious on my computer is the cause. I googled and can't find any posts with...
  6. Screen saver lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen saver lag?: Yo, I started having problems with my screensaver today. It's super laggy, even with no apps in the background. Only started happening today and I have no clue whats going on. I normally use the ribbon screensaver. I downloaded an emulator earlier today but that was from a...
  7. mouse and screen lag

mouse and screen lag: i've had this hp notebook for a while but since 2018 ive been having this problem when i download drivers from amd for it the screen and mouse lagg . the notebook spec is amd a6-5200 with radeon hd graphics which radon HD 8400 GRAPHICS ususally when i get this problem i just...
  8. Blank screen with no login button on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blank screen with no login button on login screen: I turned on my HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Usually there was no lock screen but the lock screen was displayed. After I clicked the lock screen, the background just went blank. I think the login screen should be shown. The first photo is the lock...
  9. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  10. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...