Windows 10: Lag/Ping Spikes.

Discus and support Lag/Ping Spikes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Omen HP which is a rather good gaming PC as well as very good internet, however, every 30 seconds to a minute my game freezes completely Ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I_Grxnt, Dec 15, 2020.

1. I_Grxnt Win User

Lag/Ping Spikes.

I have an Omen HP which is a rather good gaming PC as well as very good internet, however, every 30 seconds to a minute my game freezes completely Ping jumps to around 2K and it takes around 3-5 seconds to unfreeze. This as anyone who plays games on a daily basis can tell it is very difficult and frustrating to play games when you freeze every 30 or so seconds. And I cannot figure out a way to fix it, I've tried turning gaming mode on and updates off and various other things that just don't seem to help.

If anyone has any ideas or tips on how to stop these spikes in ping or maybe lower them a bit it would be very appreciated.

:)

I_Grxnt, Dec 15, 2020
  2. KianJK Win User

massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Dec 15, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Frequent lag spikes on wifi connectivity

I think you should take a step back and re-think your question.

'Lag' means slower, and 'spike' means faster. So the term "lag spike" makes no sense.

Ping is a test to see whether your computer is able to reach another device on a network; people usually use the ping command to see if their computer is able to reach a location on the internet. Ping makes four attempts to reach the chosen location. The
    times displayed with the results of the ping command measure how long a standard set of packets took to make the round-trip from your computer to the location on the internet and then back to your computer. Thus, it's a measurement of your internet connection
    - it doesn't say anything about your computer.

If you're having a problem with your computer, just explain it in your own words. Don't worry about getting the terminology right - the folks here can take care of that part.

BulldogXX, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Lag/Ping Spikes.

Network lag spikes

So, recently I updated my Windows 10 computer and while playing games with my friends I've noticed severe lag spikes while playing, so I restarted my router and my PC. It didn't help. At first I thought it was just the game, but it wasn't. I did some ping
    tests and the lag spikes are way more severe than I thought. Here's a picture of my results:
    Lag/Ping Spikes. ee4b963b-1534-4b60-bf26-665823a19889?upload=true.jpg
    This
    happens every 45 seconds or so, and the spike is around 400-600 ping every time. I'm not that much of a tech guy, so any and all help would be appreciated.

LukasZajicek, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Lag/Ping Spikes.

1. Lag/Ping Spikes. - Similar Threads - Lag Ping Spikes

2. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: HelloI have lag spikes every 10-20 seconds over a Wi-Fi connection only. When I connect over Ethernet, the lag disappears. I've been trying to solve this for over 3 months now but with no success. I'm running Windows 11 on an Asus ROG G513IC laptop. I tried everything from...
  3. netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes: HiI have now officially tried everything, however after rebooting or connecting to a vpn and disconnecting my ping -t results are as follows:Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=116 <= spikeReply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=116Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32...
  4. netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes: HiI have now officially tried everything, however after rebooting or connecting to a vpn and disconnecting my ping -t results are as follows:Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=116 <= spikeReply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=116Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32...
  5. netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  7. Ping spikes

Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  8. Ping Spikes

Ping Spikes: Recently, I have discovered that I am receiving ping spikes from 200-1000 every 10 seconds or so when playing games, causing me to rubberband. However, I usually receive around 20ms in between ping spike intervals. I am using an ethernet cable that is connected 'Wi-fi...
  9. Ping Spikes

Ping Spikes: I'm having this issue where I'll have these 5-10 second long lag spikes that are so bad that I literally can't move otherwise I get teleported very far forward whichever direction I moved last. It can ruin online matches and has gotten me killed or has me stand still like a...
  10. Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes: Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to 1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now...