Windows 10: Lag spike problem

Discus and support Lag spike problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I'm playing games I get a small lag spike every 3-5 seconds and its ruining my gaming experience I searched it up on google and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KyleNorthcott, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Lag spike problem

When I'm playing games I get a small lag spike every 3-5 seconds and its ruining my gaming experience

I searched it up on google and it said something about my RAM being in power save mode or something

and I don't have a clue on how to change that.

Please help me solve this problem.

:)

KyleNorthcott, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 22, 2018
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Americas Army lag spikes?

I play AA (Americas Army) all the time, and recently I have been getting these lag spikes, that I used to not get. Anybody know why? It will jump, then it will go back to do what it does. Not a big deal, but any suggestions would be helpful.

SlipSlice, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Jino74 Win User

Lag spike problem

Constant Widnows 10 lag spikes in games?

Thanks for the tip - this fixed it for me.

Tried all the other popular suggestions to no avail. Disabling location service eliminated the lag spikes during MWO and HoTS matches. I won't have to waste my time to revert back to Windows 8.1.

Jino74, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Lag spike problem

1. Lag spike problem - Similar Threads - Lag spike problem

2. Lag Spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag Spikes: I recently got a PC and everything was fine at first but suddenly games started having lag spikes to where it would freeze the game then everything would catch up and I've tried everything different internet, antennas, etc what can I do?...
  3. Lag spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag spikes: Hi, I have random lag spikes while i'm gaming or just using the internet, but only in my PC. How can I fix it? PD: I have used the ipconfig /flushdns, /release and /renew, but nothing changes...
  4. lag spikes

lag spikes: I recently moved into a new house but my parents refused to let me have an ethernet. So I had to go with WI-FI. I thought it's not going to be that bad but i was so wrong. https://prnt.sc/v8j5g6 I am having lag spikes every few seconds and I can't play fps properly with that...
  5. Lag Spikes

Lag Spikes: So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit but I cant always use...
  6. lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag spikes: i am getting weird lag spikes but when it happens i do a speed test and my results are good but i dont know what is causing this also when it happens there is weird noises too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-spikes/daf4d076-a3a3-4b6a-aff3-bb915b6f0b31
  7. Lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag spikes: Ok so this has been going on for months now but ive had lag spikes every 10 seconds or so in every game but I don't think its my internet bc ive played online games on another computer/console in the house and they run smoothly without lag... anyone know whats going on??? I...
  8. Lag spikes

Lag spikes: Hello , i have been getting lag spikes on new laptop for a long time and could not find anyway to fix it, Any help? (connected with wifi) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-spikes/099e351b-0969-47b1-bd3e-12112b49dfb3
  9. Lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes.: I have a problem with my internet. I've tried lots of things to fix it but it doesn't work. I even pinged my router, there weren't any registered changes in my connection when the spike has occurred....
  10. Internet problem/Lag spikes

Internet problem/Lag spikes: For last two days my internet on PC is not working well, I use windows 10 and have disabled every data consuming bandwidth before when it used to happen few months ago. Looks like the problem is back this time I don't really know what to do/disable. While playing games my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lag spike