Windows 10: Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

Discus and support Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by magos, Jul 14, 2018.

1. magos Win User

Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

Guys. I just built a new pc. It has
    Rog Strix z370f gaming
    Intel i7-8700k
    Gtx 980
    16 gb DDR4 Corsair
    TX750M PSU
    Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode.
    Another one is that I get lagspikes, for instance if I have "windows photo viewer" open, and I use Mozilla to watch a program from Hulu. I get lagspikes in tv show, and all tasks on pc.

:)

magos, Jul 14, 2018
  2. TheMole Win User

CPU spikes and performance lag

I just did all 3 of the things you suggested and nothing has changed. Do you have any other ideas.

Edit: Apparently I didn't do all the things, you suggested me, correctly. I just did them again, like they are supposed to be done, and everything seems to be working appropriately. There are no lag spikes and I think the problem is fixed. Thank you very much for helping me.

TheMole, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Raingi Win User
    CPU Spikes and PC Lag

Hello there everyone, I am writing here in hope of getting some help finding fixing my PC.

My Problem :
    - PC Is getting random lag spikes ca. every 10 seconds that last up to 0.5 second each.
    - My CPU usage will spike when this happens. Please check these pictures as an example. (https://goo.gl/BEJ7qL, and https://goo.gl/FxXsV9 ).
    - This happens when i'm browsing the internet, watching a youtube video, or a livestream, even as I'm writing this text, I am getting lag spikes, and also when playing game.

My PC Specs -
    - Windows 10 Home. Build 16299.371. Version 1709.
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Driver version 397.31.
    - ASUS Prime Z270-K Motherboard.
    - Intel Core i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50 GHz

Does anyone have any solutions that might fix the problem ? Or is it even my CPU there's something wrong with, or is it my hard drives that are corrupt ?

Raingi, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving - Similar Threads - Lag spikes CPU

2. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  3. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  4. Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?: Hi!Over the last three days, my asus vivobook’s fan has been constantly on full throttle. It is about a year old and is used daily. When it is restarted, the fan stays on. I recently updated to 21H2 and it’s only been getting worse.Help would be appreciated, thanks....
  5. Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?: Hi!Over the last three days, my asus vivobook’s fan has been constantly on full throttle. It is about a year old and is used daily. When it is restarted, the fan stays on. I recently updated to 21H2 and it’s only been getting worse.Help would be appreciated, thanks....
  6. Lag Spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag Spikes: So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit but I cant always use...
  7. After 1903 update: CPU spikes and noisy fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1903 update: CPU spikes and noisy fan: Hi, after installing the 1903 update the fan of my PC gets loud while using common programs (even while browsing simple text websites). Checking via task manager shows high CPU peaks... this didn't happend before the update, even the fan was only hearable while doing...
  8. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  9. CPU spikes and performance lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU spikes and performance lag: Hi everyone. During the past few days I have a problem regarding my computer performance. Problem: -My computer is getting random performance lags that last 3-5 seconds. -The cpu usage will jump when it happens; anywhere from 50-100%. -Large Ethernet spikes as well....
  10. CPU Spikes and PC Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Spikes and PC Lag: So my PC is running normally without any lag spikes in Videos, Games, and everything UNTIL I open up World of Warcraft, then the lag spikes return. Would anyone have a clue about what causes this ?