Windows 10: Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10

Discus and support Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to have Windows 8..1, yesterday I installed Windows 10, and now my pc is a bit slow, and my game Minecraft is super laggy, although I get 60 FPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AshbarPooh, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10

I used to have Windows 8..1, yesterday I installed Windows 10, and now my pc is a bit slow, and my game Minecraft is super laggy, although I get 60 FPS my screen freezes every 10 seconds for a full .5 - 1 second. Sometimes 3 seconds. Very annoying It's not a memory issue, I have allocated around 4GB ram out of 8GB, and only my game and Chrome with 4-5 tabs is open. I have a i7 Intel Core vPro and my display monitor is 1.60 GHz. When I played on Windows 8.1, it was super fast, and experienced no lag.

:)

AshbarPooh, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 27, 2021
  3. TheMole Win User
    CPU spikes and performance lag

I just did all 3 of the things you suggested and nothing has changed. Do you have any other ideas.

Edit: Apparently I didn't do all the things, you suggested me, correctly. I just did them again, like they are supposed to be done, and everything seems to be working appropriately. There are no lag spikes and I think the problem is fixed. Thank you very much for helping me.

TheMole, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Jino74 Win User

Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10

Constant Widnows 10 lag spikes in games?

Thanks for the tip - this fixed it for me.

Tried all the other popular suggestions to no avail. Disabling location service eliminated the lag spikes during MWO and HoTS matches. I won't have to waste my time to revert back to Windows 8.1.

Jino74, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10

1. Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lag Spikes Ever

2. Lag spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag spikes: Hi, I have random lag spikes while i'm gaming or just using the internet, but only in my PC. How can I fix it? PD: I have used the ipconfig /flushdns, /release and /renew, but nothing changes...
  3. Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???: So I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd so it would boot faster, I loaded it up perfectly and the actual software works fine but every couple of minutes I get a massive ping spike, I use a netgear A7000 and have never had any problems with it until this windows reinstall, I...
  4. Shutter lags/Lag spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutter lags/Lag spikes on Windows 10: Hello, I'm having rough times with my PC, I recentely remplaced one of my 2 hard-drives with a SSD and installed my windows folders into it. I have lag spikes almost every 5 seconds or so or shutter lags, i don't know how to call them. I already tried to reset my PC but it...
  5. lag spikes

lag spikes: I recently moved into a new house but my parents refused to let me have an ethernet. So I had to go with WI-FI. I thought it's not going to be that bad but i was so wrong. https://prnt.sc/v8j5g6 I am having lag spikes every few seconds and I can't play fps properly with that...
  6. Lag Spikes

Lag Spikes: So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit but I cant always use...
  7. lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag spikes: i am getting weird lag spikes but when it happens i do a speed test and my results are good but i dont know what is causing this also when it happens there is weird noises too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-spikes/daf4d076-a3a3-4b6a-aff3-bb915b6f0b31
  8. Lag Spikes Windows 10

Lag Spikes Windows 10: Hi guys , recently i passed from ethernet to wifi and i noticed that when i play games, i have some lag spikes (like 2000ms , while the usual ping is always 32). I think is a problem of some setting of my pc cause i try to use my cell as hotspot (as a type of " second wifi")...
  9. Lag spikes

Lag spikes: Hello , i have been getting lag spikes on new laptop for a long time and could not find anyway to fix it, Any help? (connected with wifi) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-spikes/099e351b-0969-47b1-bd3e-12112b49dfb3
  10. Lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes.: I have a problem with my internet. I've tried lots of things to fix it but it doesn't work. I even pinged my router, there weren't any registered changes in my connection when the spike has occurred....