Windows 10: Lag spikes while playing online games

Discus and support Lag spikes while playing online games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RohlfJewell, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Lag spikes while playing online games

Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and these spikes. I receive in game feed back that I have a momentary loss of connection. During these lag spikes I also remain at stable temperatures and other features, such as discord and Spotify, remain connected. If anyone could figure out my issue or has any tips on how to potentially fix this issue, all help would be appreciated.

:)

RohlfJewell, Nov 9, 2020

2. Lag Spikes

So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit
    but I cant always use it. I have good internet too as I use the same internet on my phone and switch and hardly ever experience lag spikes.

itsWolfy ., Nov 9, 2020
  3. Lag spikes when playing online games

Hi,i have been experience constant lag spikes on online games .I opened task manager and found that my ethernet is not stable and spikes on online games .This get frustrated when i constantly receive attempt to reconnect in a game in every 10-30sec or
    so .

JamesTiger, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Lag spikes while playing online games

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Lag spikes while playing online games

1. Lag spikes while playing online games - Similar Threads - Lag spikes while

2. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  3. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  4. LAG spikes while playing videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAG spikes while playing videogames: My internet starts to really lag randomly whenever I play videogames. My discord is fine, it doesn't seem to be affected by it, only the videogames i'm playing. Even if I stream, nothing happens to the stream, only the videogame lags. It happens constantly, random lag spikes...
  5. LAG spikes while playing videogames

LAG spikes while playing videogames: My internet starts to really lag randomly whenever I play videogames. My discord is fine, it doesn't seem to be affected by it, only the videogames i'm playing. Even if I stream, nothing happens to the stream, only the videogame lags. It happens constantly, random lag spikes...
  6. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  7. Weird "lag spikes" in game

Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  8. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High ping spikes / lag while online gaming: Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my drivers. I should have sufficient internet with download at 200mb and upload at 12.5mb as it was running fine before. I restarted...
  10. Lag spikes in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes in online games: Hi all, As the title says im experiencing lag spikes when im playing online games which include (Left 4 Dead 2,Tomb Raider Etc).My ping hovers around 70-90 but after about 20 seconds it jumps up to 180-300.This constantly happens.Now bear in mind that the current (Gaming) pc...