Windows 10: Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

Discus and support Lag when fullscreen or Borderless in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marcus801, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Marcus801 Win User

Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5?
    In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not want to run the games. I can do benchmarks with borderless and just tab out, and the game runs just fine. The second i tab in again, entire pc goes super slow.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Have not updated any drivers or windows recently, no recent changes at all. Played warzone just fine last friday.
    I tried rebooting and all that. Updated windows already updated, maybe auto updated? , updated GPU driver with clean install. Did not seem to do anything at all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]ill put a link to a video where you can see how bad it is. You can also see that theres no problem in windowed, or when i tab out. Also when i show task manager and openhardware, you can see usage going from basicly nothing to 90% when i tab out uses no recourses when ingame, using expected amount when i tab out to openhardware or task manager.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDMZQoEmu3Y

Specs:
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Nvidia GTX 1070
    Ryzen 7 3800X
    32GB Ram[/COLOR]

:)

Marcus801, Mar 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 Borderless Fullscreen

I recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and have found out that with multiple monitors, borderless fullscreen doesn't work as it did on Windows 7. I usually play games in borderless fullscreen so that I can easily do other things on my second monitor.
    Whenver I would click on something on my second monitor, the taskbar would appear on my main monitor. However, with Windows 10, this is not the case and the taskbar would not appear. Is there any way to make it so that if I alt tab to my second monitor my
    taskbar will popup on my main monitor?

ImaSquirtl, Mar 29, 2021
  3. warx23 Win User
    Taskbar in fullscreen borderless

I was having the same exact problem as you. Do you happen to have an Nvidia graphics card? I just got a new driver update a few hours ago and once the drivers were installed, I restarted my PC. Looks like it's back to normal now with the taskbar showing
    up as normal when in borderless fullscreen.

warx23, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Glyph08 Win User

Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

man,its not lag im a veteran in pc gaming the thing is with the screen for example gta v:when im in fullscreen the screen stutters when im moving the mouse or the character,but when i turn it to fullscreen borderless the problem is gone.The thing is not
    all games got fulscreen borderless

Glyph08, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless - Similar Threads - Lag fullscreen Borderless

2. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  3. My Fullscreen is always borderless

My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  4. My Fullscreen is always borderless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  5. lagging in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lagging in fullscreen mode: hi , i have a problem whit my computer . when im gonna play all my games , when im going to full scren mode it lags but when i go to windowed mode it doesnt , can i get help pls ?...
  6. lagging in fullscreen mode

lagging in fullscreen mode: hi , i have a problem whit my computer . when im gonna play all my games , when im going to full scren mode it lags but when i go to windowed mode it doesnt , can i get help pls ?...
  7. Fullscreen lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen lag: Every time I go fullscreen my frames are at 20 then when I go windowed my frames are above 100. This happens in my game called valorant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fullscreen-lag/22338aea-1a4f-4896-939c-50608922b9b1
  8. In Win7, when using an application in a fullscreen borderless window, you could click the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In Win7, when using an application in a fullscreen borderless window, you could click the...: The only way to show the main monitor taskbar when in a full screen borderless app like a video game is to hit the windows key, or you can right click the different monitor's taskbar and open the taskbar settings, which will then show the main taskbar. I've gotten so used to...
  9. Screen Lag in borderless mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Lag in borderless mode: Hello, i have dual monitors and when I try to set my games in borderless mode even though my fps is 144+, it looks like the image is lagging or stuttering. But when I use it on Fullscreen I don't experience this problem. I tried turning off g-sync and on -even though my...
  10. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...: I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds, switching back to...