Windows 10: Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

Discus and support Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertCorry, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing the refresh rate on the display settings and when I do the screen that page that I am on will scroll crisply but when I go to another tab or page then come back it lags again. The same thing happens when I turned on or off the he smooth scrolling feature. The current page would scroll crisply then if I went off and came back it would lag again.I don't think the refresh rate or the smooth scrolling has anything to do with the problem it just h

:)

RobertCorry, Dec 16, 2021
  2. jraptor02 Win User

Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge.

NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow.

I use a lot of drop down lists that are very long. It literally scrolls less than 1/4 the speed that chrome does....

Any suggestions?

jraptor02, Dec 16, 2021
  3. js21 Win User
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again.

For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a dropdown list of Cities.

This happens on multiple websites. I first noticed this issue a few months ago.

How can I troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

Windows 10 Build 19042.867

ThinkCentre M710q
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Samsung 238 GB SSD

4. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

1. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place... - Similar Threads - Lag scrolling Edge

2. Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge: Hi all,Whenever I open a new Chrome or Edge browser , laptop screen flashes so quickly like around 20-30 milliseconds may be its called blinking I dont know. Its the two apps that I realized now. Do you know any solution? Drivers are up-to-date.Its Lenovo LOQ15 1440p display...
  3. Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge: Hi all,Whenever I open a new Chrome or Edge browser , laptop screen flashes so quickly like around 20-30 milliseconds may be its called blinking I dont know. Its the two apps that I realized now. Do you know any solution? Drivers are up-to-date.Its Lenovo LOQ15 1440p display...
  4. It lags when I hover over desktop icon and sometimes takes about half a second to register...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It lags when I hover over desktop icon and sometimes takes about half a second to register...: I have had this issue for a while and I don't know what to do. I don't have 3rd party antivirus, updating all my graphics, installed all windows updates and optional ones....
  5. It lags when I hover over desktop icon and sometimes takes about half a second to register...

It lags when I hover over desktop icon and sometimes takes about half a second to register...: I have had this issue for a while and I don't know what to do. I don't have 3rd party antivirus, updating all my graphics, installed all windows updates and optional ones....
  6. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...: When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing the refresh rate on the display settings and when I do the screen that page that I am on will scroll crisply but when I go...
  7. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...: When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing the refresh rate on the display settings and when I do the screen that page that I am on will scroll crisply but when I go...
  8. Chrome lags when scrolling on YouTube

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome lags when scrolling on YouTube: So when I'm on chrome and on YouTube, the scrolling is laggy when the big video is on the screen but as soon as that disappears the scrolling is nom longer laggy. Help appreciated submitted by /u/Flake7811 [link] [comments]...
  9. Settled on Edge with Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Settled on Edge with Yahoo Mail: After numerous trial runs I settled on MS Edge with Yahoo Mail. Choose Edge due to its simplicity and speed. Choose Yahoo Mail because of it flawless performance and ease of use. GMail and Oulook would not sync. Firefox is a very good browser yet I like simplicity and speed....
  10. Screen Lag When I'm Scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Lag When I'm Scrolling: Hi Guys 64 Bit Processor 4 Gb Ram and only one Program Open But I seem to be getting Screen Lag for some reason. If I go to Type something or even Click on something on the page, the little blue progress Circle near the Mouse Point, just spins round and round,...