Windows 10: Lag when typing or writing

Discus and support Lag when typing or writing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 desktop that experiences lag when typing for example a web address in a browser or when writing in Microsoft Office Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hoggorm, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Lag when typing or writing

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 desktop that experiences lag when typing for example a web address in a browser or when writing in Microsoft Office Word 2016.

What happens is that I can write a word and finish it on the keyboard. But looking at the monitor the word do not appear until a second or so after I'm finished. It's like the computer is thinking "OK, what are you going to write here? Oh, that word. I'll display it now..."

Rest of the computer appears to be working fine. I can hear the fans throttle up a bit when starting a software for example, but there is no real lag except when typing. I have tried to replace the mouse and keyboard batteries (since they are wireless), but that did not help...

Any ideas what I can do? If I remember correctly I think I had the same problem when running Windows 7...

Thank you

:)

Hoggorm, Nov 20, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

White screen, mega lag with Edge, windows 10 mobile

Lagging when typing in this forum is a bug with this particular forum. Whoever maintains the forum software doesn't care and has let this happen for months and months. it also affects some other browsers on other operating systems.

3. Change writing language in e52 when typing

Have you tried pressing and holding # or * button ? I am currently not using a Nokia phone that has numberic keypad but I guess it may work

Lexusfan---01, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I experience that now and then when I have a graphics program open or while playing a video [things that need lots of memory]. Closing those programs and the browser to start over usually clears it up. It's like "stuff" is loading into RAM and not being cleared out when no longer needed. In extreme cases rebooting has been necessary.

Berton, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    I see! Thank you for the quick reply.

I normally do not run several programs at the same time. A restart did indeed help considerably. The lag is still there to some extent though...

Hoggorm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lag when typing or writing - Similar Threads - Lag typing writing

2. whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese: whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese, after I swicth to chinese word and the pc will lag and need to hard refresh for multiple time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whole-pc-lag-and-crush-when-typing-in-chinese/cf7d676b-fb9c-404a-ba04-2644bd0869e3
  3. whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese: whole pc lag and crush when typing in chinese, after I swicth to chinese word and the pc will lag and need to hard refresh for multiple time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whole-pc-lag-and-crush-when-typing-in-chinese/cf7d676b-fb9c-404a-ba04-2644bd0869e3
  4. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……: Hello everyone,I am repeating my problem, because when the first complaint, I had received some comments, but sudden, at the middle of these comments, I didn't have anything more!My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit, installed on...
  5. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...
  6. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...
  7. Severe Lagging When Typing in OneNote for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Lagging When Typing in OneNote for Windows 10: I'm posting this here because in spite of all of the other posts and mechanisms for feedback, I don't think this issue is being properly addressed. Instead, only workarounds are being proposed. Use Case: I would like to use OneNote for Windows 10 to take notes and journal....
  8. Win10 typing lag when searching network drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 typing lag when searching network drives: I have lots of shared network drives at my office. Every time I open a new explorer window and try to search a drive, the window locks up for 10-15s before I can even begin to type in the search box. After that, I can search any drive normally with no issues. If I close the...
  9. Excel 2019 Typing Lag

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2019 Typing Lag: Hi, Anybody experiencing some typing lag in Excel 2019 ? I'm on Excel 2019 (16.0.10366.20016) 64 bit. I've disabled all the add ins, no custom menus. Even starting in safe mode it is still lagging. And only Excel is lagging, others like Word, Powerpoint even Access doesn't...
  10. Animations and Typing Lag Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Animations and Typing Lag Problem: When I am typing, the letters show always late. When there is animation, example the loading animation, opening start menu or search, it would be sluggish. I include also the start menu delay in opening up. I hope that you guys can help me with this. Thank You very much for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop windows 10 typing lag