Windows 10: Lag when using alt + tab

Discus and support Lag when using alt + tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gavin Grimm, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Lag when using alt + tab

Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows laptops that they switch very easily, but mine is slow and lags.

:)

Gavin Grimm, Oct 18, 2018

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Lag when using alt + tab Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Oct 18, 2018
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Lag when using alt + tab :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Polarman Win User

Lag when using alt + tab

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Lag when using alt + tab

1. Lag when using alt + tab - Similar Threads - Lag using alt

2. TaskBar show when I use alt+tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar show when I use alt+tab: Hi. I re-intalled my Windows 10 home yesterday, and when i use alt+tab i see my taskbar in there. When i try to close this window, i got this message: [ATTACH] That what i see in my task bar: [ATTACH] Please help me to fix it. Thanks....
  3. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  4. Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB: So this does not happen in Windows 7. In Windows 10, if i switch tabs or maximize them, they start lagging for a few seconds. As if the entire desktop is being rendered at 10FPS or 10hz!! Imagine that. Even the mouse cursor is affected by this lag. Then after a few seconds of...
  5. alt+tab

alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: How can I remap Alt+Tab to a single key like the Fn Key. I came from Linux Mint with Gnome Desktop and accessing all my open tabs was one key away. How can I replicate this time-saving feature on Windows 10? submitted by /u/luke__7 [link] [comments]...
  7. Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons

Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons: Off late when I use the Alt-Tab buttons IDM which runs in the background shows up. If I stop the program, it doesn't show up. Any way to stop this. Version 1903 OS Build 18362.295 Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  8. Alt + Tab when a program is busy

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab when a program is busy: There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not...
  9. New here, get an error when using alt-tab '0x00007FFA0F8C58EE'

in Windows 10 Support
    New here, get an error when using alt-tab '0x00007FFA0F8C58EE': As the title says, that is the error, ill be on a program while in exclusive fullscreen or fullscreen and when I alt-tab Windows Explorer freezes and the mouse has at least a second display refreshing itself for around 10 seconds and then Explorer crashes, presenting that...
  10. Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing: While this isn't a serious problem, it's definitely a hell of an annoyance. When I alt-tab from several full-screen games, such as League of Legends, this is the result, sometimes it differs. In the image below, you can clearly see that something's wrong with the taskbar. I...