Windows 10: Lag when using alt + tab

Discus and support Lag when using alt + tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gavin Grimm, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Lag when using alt + tab

Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows laptops that they switch very easily, but mine is slow and lags.

:)

Gavin Grimm, Oct 18, 2018

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Lag when using alt + tab Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Oct 18, 2018
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Lag when using alt + tab :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Polarman Win User

Lag when using alt + tab

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Lag when using alt + tab

1. Lag when using alt + tab - Similar Threads - Lag using alt

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  6. problem with alt tab and taskbar its lagging

problem with alt tab and taskbar its lagging: i need help with my computer, my taskbar and alt tab sometimes is not working the alt tab works but it doesnt go to other tab it just stays on the same tab and i have to press the windows key for it to work again but it still happens again. anyone know how to fix?...
  7. problem with alt tab and taskbar its lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with alt tab and taskbar its lagging: i need help with my computer, my taskbar and alt tab sometimes is not working the alt tab works but it doesnt go to other tab it just stays on the same tab and i have to press the windows key for it to work again but it still happens again. anyone know how to fix?...
  8. problem with alt tab and taskbar its lagging

9. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  10. Alt tabbing too much = Lag

Alt tabbing too much = Lag: When I'm in a fullscreen game, I tend to go on other programs and watch youtube videos, but if I alt tab too many times, my windows start menu tends to look choppy, or animations are missing. The only thing that tends to temporarily fix this issue is restarting my system. if...