Windows 10: Lag

Discus and support Lag in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do i fix the extreme lag that I have? I've been experiencing this lag for a while and everything that I've done doesn't work. In games such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SLIMEY5t, Jan 23, 2021.

1. SLIMEY5t Win User

Lag

How do i fix the extreme lag that I have? I've been experiencing this lag for a while and everything that I've done doesn't work. In games such as Roblox or Fortnite for example, I'll be moving and playing the game then everyone will stop moving and freeze then ill end up dead. This happens randomly and ill be sitting next to my WIFI box. My older laptop doesn't have problems running those games. I even have a friend with the same exact laptop as me and he doesn't experience my problems. He even has a weaker WIFI.

:)

SLIMEY5t, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 23, 2021
  3. One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine

The thing suggested by @lx07was yet another step of trouble shoot you need to perform to role out the hardware fail possibility than rather a topic for debate .
    I honestly did not suggest it just because its level of technicality is a bit high and I am not quite sure about your level .
    Yet however if you can do that step I can't see why not .
    And yet even if you still manage to get lag you are down to the route I just discussed in my previous post , nothing more to do .

P.S I am not even sure what you mean that the button performs well if you change layout , the aussie & u.s layouts do not even acknowledge that button and most probably assigns a different function / key to which hints the conclusion of your test might be slightly biased

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Lag

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Lag

1. Lag - Similar Threads - Lag

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  4. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  5. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  6. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  7. Computer games lagging badly

Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  8. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Freezing and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and lag: I have hpzbok g5 studio and im facing freezing issue after using for sometime. This machine is a 2nd hand and i bought it and Im facing this issue. Before this i asked a question for freeze and at that time i had a error in event viewer saying smart audio 3 crashed so i...
  10. Freezing and lag

Freezing and lag: I have hpzbok g5 studio and im facing freezing issue after using for sometime. This machine is a 2nd hand and i bought it and Im facing this issue. Before this i asked a question for freeze and at that time i had a error in event viewer saying smart audio 3 crashed so i...