Windows 10: Lagging on startup after entering password

Discus and support Lagging on startup after entering password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So lately I've been noticing that when I turn on my laptop, I get to the screen where I enter my PIN in the same amount of time as usual, but after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abc123, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Abc123 Win User

Lagging on startup after entering password

So lately I've been noticing that when I turn on my laptop, I get to the screen where I enter my PIN in the same amount of time as usual, but after I enter it, I'm seeing the spinning circle for a lot longer before being brought to the desktop. I've basically disabled every option in the startup menu from running at startup. What are some other ideas I can try in order to get my laptop back in its previous condition? The desktop used to come up almost instantaneously after entering my PIN.

:)

Abc123, Jun 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 unlock takes too long 3 minutes

I don't see this lag at startup. Only when unlocking, and only after entering the password.

I did try eliminating apps from startup, but that didn't seem to affect it.

M Kenyon II, Jun 5, 2016
  3. TeSkin Win User
    Received message stating: This computer is configured to require a password in order to startup. Please enter the Startup password below. on Windows 10

A minute after turning on my laptop, I get a dialog box stating "This computer is configured to require a password in order to startup. Please enter the Startup password below..." After 3 failed attempts the system reboots back to this screen.

Original title: Startup password

TeSkin, Jun 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

If you know when the change happened you could go back through your reliability history view to see what has changed or been updated.

Type reliability in the search box and select the option to View Reliability History.

Alternatively, if you have restore points setup you can also try going back to an earlier time when your PC was working correctly and see if this sorts it out.

philc43, Jun 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Lagging on startup after entering password - Similar Threads - Lagging startup entering

2. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  3. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  4. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  6. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  8. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  9. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  10. Blue Screen with "Enter Password" On startup screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue Screen with "Enter Password" On startup screen: I have a custom built desktop pc running the latest version of windows 10, no problems until I got this screen when I tried starting up my computer. I cant get into the regular windows sign in screen and no passwords I try work for this. Any help[IMG]...