Windows 10: Lagging Taskbar, Windows Explorer, and Tool Tips (version 1607)

Discus and support Lagging Taskbar, Windows Explorer, and Tool Tips (version 1607) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Occasionally I find that Windows 10 becomes unusually laggy and unresponsive. In particular, I find that when I hover my mouse over the icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stretch65, Oct 10, 2016.

1. stretch65 Win User

Lagging Taskbar, Windows Explorer, and Tool Tips (version 1607)

Hi,

Occasionally I find that Windows 10 becomes unusually laggy and unresponsive. In particular, I find that when I hover my mouse over the icons in the Taskbar, the icons are not highlighted quickly or at all. In Windows Explorer, a similar thing happens when I hover the mouse over files. Tool-tips are very slow to pop up, and when they do they tend to appear incomplete. Mouse clicks are not received immediately, and everything is just slow to respond.

I find that can avoid the problem by restarting. The problem appears in about 1 in 4 or 5 work sessions. It's not hugely annoying but it concerns me.

My current version of Windows 10 is version 1607 (KB3194496). I don't have a previous version or update that I can roll back to. Any help with this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

stretch65, Oct 10, 2016

2. This app can't run on your pc notification after windows update version 1607

I recently just updated to version 1607. windows 10

Every time I open the file explorer it lags and takes a long time to load and the notification of Daemon Tools stating that said app can't run on your pc.

Now I'm getting annoyed to this constant notification of Daemon Tools saying that the latter is not compatible to my laptop and I want to remove it. I tried revo and ccleaner and yet to no avail cannot remove the notification nor remove the slow loading
    of the file explorer.

What can I do now? Thanks in advance.

Hagen Bang-asan, Oct 10, 2016
  3. snipping tool does not save image after assigning "save to"location in windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Here's a cool tip: If you pin the Snipping Tool to the taskbar, it gets an automatic keyboard shortcut. WindowsKey+Number, where number is the icon position on the taskbar.

On all my computers, I put the snip tool as the 2nd icon on my taskbar (after Explorer). So I can press WindowsLogo+2 to start the snip tool anytime.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to deal with lag? Reinstall windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    - recommends clean install

Hi, hard to know what to suggest. I'm replying 'cos no-one has so far.

You can try elimination
    - safe mode
    - clean boot
    - disable shell extensions (e.g. using shellmenuview)

You can try an in-place upgrade repair install

You could try technical analysis trying to see what processes are doing when the system is misbehaving
    (Procmon, Latency Mon e.g. - even the task manager).

And naturally try searching the forum for reports of lag and slow response (there are plenty)

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Lagging Taskbar, Windows Explorer, and Tool Tips (version 1607) - Similar Threads - Lagging Taskbar Explorer

2. window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag: https://youtu.be/tWuBtNr3wO4im having this issue on windows 10 where whenever i move the windows around or pull up the task bar its really stutter and another problem i could not show on the video is sometimes when moving my cursor over a button such as the browser bookmarks...
  3. windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 version 1607: My computer has been in storage for awhile, When i got it out and turned it on it started updates automatically. My problem is I am on version 1607 and update is taking it to version 20h2.. The system is locking up and wont upgrade. Is there a need to upgrade in window...
  4. Tool Tips getting in the way

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tool Tips getting in the way: There seems to be an abundance of tool tips where they are redundant and block other content. Is there a method to turn them off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tool-tips-getting-in-the-way/c8724c32-993a-43fc-adeb-52fcbabf7915
  5. Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10, version 1607: After this update I have a Windows-Old folder, 17.6 gig. Can this folder be deleted? Happy with update and will not go back to 1511. 64037
  6. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  7. stuck on windows version 1607

stuck on windows version 1607: Just to start Please speak in lamens terms cuz im not very smart with computers, but im currently stuck on windows version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1480). I'm running win 10 pro. I tried downloading the standalone installers and it just says they are not available for me. Please...
  8. Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips: Until now, when I clicked on the "^" on the right of the taskbar to show hidden icons, I could hover over each one an get a "tool tip" about that icon (usually the name of the program belonging to the icon). The tool tips are no longer working. The icons are there and still...
  9. Windows 10 -1607 and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -1607 and taskbar: in Windows 10 -1607, when task bar settings is modified for small icons, time display goes off. Is there any way to get time display with small icons taskbar. 59186
  10. 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

in Windows 10 Support
    1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other: After upgrading to 1607 all these strange problems occurred as you can see on the screenshots below. Do you have any idea how to fix it? [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 89511