Windows 10: Lagging when using browsers?

Discus and support Lagging when using browsers? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by citrusflavour01, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Lagging when using browsers?

I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I can't move my mouse and have to wait 2-5 seconds to see everything catch up. The mouse lag I described can happen in intervals of a few minutes especially when I multitask. This isn't browser lag because my mouse can't do anything anywhere. I like to surf the web and watch videos. In total I only used max 8GB of my 16GB RAM. I bought a new NVMe SSD recently and it in general made my PC faster but I still get lags. Could this be a GPU problem? I also realized sometimes there's a whoopin 8 second lag to close the browser. If there were no lag everything would be perfect for my usage. The lag is increasing more than usually thus why I'm posting this. Thanks.

:)

citrusflavour01, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 31, 2021
  3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Lagging when using browsers?

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Lagging when using browsers?

1. Lagging when using browsers? - Similar Threads - Lagging using browsers

2. Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?: I've been playing Wordament for a few years now on Ultimate Word Games on PC and never once had an issue with it. However, the past week or so, it has been lagging to the point of being unplayable. When ads are running at the bottom, the game basically locks and, while the...
  3. Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?: I've been playing Wordament for a few years now on Ultimate Word Games on PC and never once had an issue with it. However, the past week or so, it has been lagging to the point of being unplayable. When ads are running at the bottom, the game basically locks and, while the...
  4. browser keeps lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser keeps lagging: Why all my browser are lagging in windows 11? about my laptop specification I have Ryzen 7 with 3050ti graphics card i have tried all online solutions but still not solved...
  5. browser keeps lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser keeps lagging: Why all my browser are lagging in windows 11? about my laptop specification I have Ryzen 7 with 3050ti graphics card i have tried all online solutions but still not solved...
  6. Games in browser are lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games in browser are lagging: I reset my pc 2 days back , the games in browser are lagging before that it did not. I updated the graphic driver but still its not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-in-browser-are-lagging/ec4fccb3-f136-4c52-8d83-ab97d5f156e5
  7. Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use

in Browsers and Email
    Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use: Hi folks, Following annoying problem: On my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 12GB Ram, Intel Core I5 2520m CPU, Intel HD3000 IGPU running Windows 10 20H2, sometimes scrolling in the browser (Brave Browser) becomes laggy and very CPU intensive. Like 100% instead of 5-10% even on old...
  8. Laptop lags when using wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop lags when using wifi: Hi everyone! My ASUS Zenbook UX305F running Windows 10 Build 19042.746 lags when using wifi. When I looked at the Task Manager, whenever Windows lags the CPU strikes to 100% then back to the normal. After the lag, the wifi connection will be off and sometimes the Wifi...
  9. There's a lag when using Explorer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There's a lag when using Explorer.: When I open Explorer and click on My Documents for example, it freezes for like 5 seconds. Then it seems not to have the issue unless I restart my computer again. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Any ideas what may be causing this?...
  10. Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.: I don't know why the web browser is still very slow in opening a web page. I've never had this problems before in my old windows 7 until this new windows 10 was installed. Can MS please fix this I fill like I have a dial-up web browser on a high end computer that is trying to...