Windows 10: Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

Discus and support Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have this issue with Win10 with a very laggy and choppy dragging of windows or files. I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with a nano reciever.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daanh, Aug 9, 2016.

1. daanh Win User

Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

Hi, I have this issue with Win10 with a very laggy and choppy dragging of windows or files. I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with a nano reciever.

I made a video of this problem in action. The window stutters, and sometimes the mouse pointer stops for a second. As you can see, no CPU or memory spikes happen, but draggin stuff is a pain. I have all the latest drivers and updates installed, I think. Sometimes this problem is completely gone, then suddenly it's back. I first thought is was a bios update, and flashed the bios back to F1. But still this is sometimes happening...

[youtube]9gDydttnbEE[/youtube]

Anyone have an idea on what to try?

My system:
    Processor: i5 6500
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
    Memory: Corsair 2x8GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13, Vengeance LPX
    Graphics: Radeon HD 7950

Thanks, Daan

:)

daanh, Aug 9, 2016

2. Severe ChoppyCursor Lag

Hello, just today with Windows 10 I started to experience severe cursor lag. The cursor itself is choppy and laggy, almost as if the frame rate of the whole desktop is dropping however it's only the mouse. While the mouse is EXTREMELY choppy and laggy, the
    rest of the applications in the backround run extremely smooth, as if the mouse isn't choppy at all. When I move the mouse horizontally, the mouse seems to teleport, as if it were never in the space in between. When clicking, I have to click a couple times
    before it actually registers. I tested it out in the game league of legends, and the game ran smooth however the in-game cursor itself did the same as it would outside of the game. I have re installed the Geforce game ready drivers. I also have yet to find
    another person witht he same case as me. I have had windows 10 for almost a year now.

Specs:

PNY GTX 750

FX-8350

16gb Patriot ram

Asus Motherboard

TRistandeveyra, Aug 9, 2016
  3. St3ph3n Win User
    n97 firmware 21.0.045

After updating the firmware to v21 the kinetic scrolling has been less smooth and more choppy! Also when dialing on the dialpad, it is very laggy and when you dial fast sometimes the dial tone is missed..

St3ph3n, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

1. Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes - Similar Threads - Laggy choppy mouse

2. SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11: THE PROBLEMSuddenly, audio becomes extremely choppy, as i there's a 'hole' in the audio every 50ms or so estimation. Happens with external audio interface, I have not have it happen with the regular motherboard audio. It is awful!- I've tried changing the sample rates I...
  3. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  4. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  5. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy

My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy: Hello, I have some issues with my wireless mouse,it is a brand new gembird mouse,and it becomes unresponsive and laggy sometimes,so I would please you to tell me everything I can do to fix this issue. My Windows version is : Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)....
  7. Mouse cursor dragging for sometime before its stables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor dragging for sometime before its stables: Hello Guys, I have an issue, at boot up after PC boots up the mouse cursor would e dragging sort off for like 3 mins before it stabilizes and everything becomes ok and responsive, what could be the cause of this delay? Its a Pavillion AIO 24 inch device intel core I5 with...
  8. window dragging is really laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window dragging is really laggy: this is an issue I've had for a while, but that i no longer tolerate. for a while now, dragging around any window in windows 10 takes a while to respond, starts moving slowly and it only gets exponentially worse if i start "shaking" my mouse, like if every direction i moved...
  9. Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.

Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.: Hey Guys, I just recently purchase a newish laptop recently off eBay. Its a HP ProBook 6470b, it didn't came with a hard drive so I pulled the SSD out of my old Dell 1545 which has windows 10 preinstalled. Long story short when I listen to music over Bluetooth to my...
  10. choppy mouse

choppy mouse: Windows 10-1607 i7 16GB ram SSD + HDD recently started - intermittent problem - CPU usage under 10% - RAM usage about 30% - DPCs appear OK When moving the mouse it acts like it is being preempted by other operations/interrupts and starts/stops moving for random times. I...