Windows 10: Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

Discus and support Laggy mousepad after using keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BG1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. BG1
    BG1 Win User

Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not move. Has anyone been able to solve this? Touchpad/mouse comes up as "HID-Compitable mouse", driver 10.0.19041.1. No synaptics etc. One problem to solve it is to set touchpad sensitivity to maximum, but then it will be way too sensitive for normal use.

Newest win 10 pro update.

Huawei matebook x pro 2020 i7 16gb ram 1tb ssd.

Did a clean install of windows 10 today

:)

2. keyboard and mousepad

Hi Jerri7Stars,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your keyboard and mousepad driver. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Mice and other pointing device"

4. Right click on your keyboard

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "keyboard"

7. Right click on your keyboard

8. Click on "Uninstall device"

9. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if now the mouse and keyboard works.

If not, check on Lenovo support site if there are driver update available for your touchpad and keyboard.

StefanoTamiotti, Aug 16, 2020
  3. keyboard and mousepad

Hi,

I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting
    up, did. However, within a few minutes the same action would occur. I eventually decided to restore to factory setting, allowing the updates to commence. (NB lost a program to this as the company doesn't exist any more and the program will not register)

The laptop worked fine until the final updates were installed. …..and again the touch screen works but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Any suggestions.

NB I have found the new 'helpful style' windows 10, not. Oh, for the times when you turn off updates and mess with setting!

Jerri7Stars, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

1. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard - Similar Threads - Laggy mousepad using

2. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  3. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  4. My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use: Hi so I’ve got a go pavilion 14 (I think) and it used to work fine but after a year of use I’ve had some issues, it’s running windows 10 btw. So my trackpad lags, like it feels heavy if that makes sense. The cursor drags behind where I’m moving my finger, and then it jumps...
  5. keyboard and mousepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mousepad: Hi, I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting up, did....
  6. build-in keyboard + mousepad not working after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    build-in keyboard + mousepad not working after sleep or shutdown: Hi, the built-in keyboard and mouse don't seem to work after sleep or shutdown. any other usb mouse / keyboard do work as well a my touchscreen. I only when I uninstall the "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" driver under the keyboard section in device manager it works again. there are...
  7. Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode: hi, My Laptop is Windows 10 RS4 1803 i want to stop automatically Keyboard Mouse while using in Tablet mode please help me on urgent basis Regards, suraj...
  8. Gestures on Mousepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gestures on Mousepad: I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the...
  9. Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad: Hello, Since installing Windows 10, I am having a lot of trouble clicking on areas and loading menu options using my mousepad. For example; - When I go into the start menu, if I go to click on the Power option, it will not load the menu where I can choose to restart,...
  10. Mousepad Uninstalled After 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Mousepad Uninstalled After 10 Update: The mousepad on my laptop is not working now that I have updated to windows 10. I have reinstalled the correct drivers from advent and gone through the mouse settings but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated! The laptop is an advent monza s200 14878