Windows 10: Laggy PC and extended reboot ending in BSOD

Discus and support Laggy PC and extended reboot ending in BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If someone could help me work through this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. I recently upgraded my PC. I upgraded all but the RAM, Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FToor, May 25, 2020.

1. FToor Win User

Laggy PC and extended reboot ending in BSOD

If someone could help me work through this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

I recently upgraded my PC.

I upgraded all but the RAM, Graphics Card and M.2 SSD holding my OS.

I initially installed the NIC driver from the manufacture in order to then download and install follow on drivers from the manufactures.

Upon booting up the system appears functional however sometimes it will boot and my mouse will skip and lag, the task bar animations become laggy and audio in and out sounds horrible.

This condition will also be triggered every time I select "Scan For Hardware Changes" in the device manager.
    Upon rebooting while in this state, the restart will last 5-10 mins and end in a BSOD stating:

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

However if nothing happened to trigger this condition, everything runs perfect and reboot is smooth and successful.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers through the Geoforce experience application.

I have manually pointed driver updates in the device manager to a folder with manufacture drivers on my desktop.

I have performed an in-place windows upgrade of which failed the first time with an error that disappeared to quickly

My bios has the latest version with the exception of MSI's beta version, however I have not reinstalled it.

Ryzen 7 3700x

MSI MEG x570 ACE

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080

G-Skills FlareX 3200 C14 2x8

Samsung nvme 960evo m.2 250 gb

All assistance would be welcomed

Best Regards,

Forrest

:)

FToor, May 25, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 25, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Try OCCT with just one stick of ram if crash then try the 2nd stick by it self. Lets eliminate the ram from the scenario.

I would think its more likely to be the Ram cuz of OCCT or maybe the mobo but I doubt the tumble did anything to the CPU.

DRDNA, May 25, 2020
  4. Elmo Win User

Pc abit laggy sometimes..

well my pc becomes laggy sometimes when i have more then 200 tabs open in firefox.. it becomes laggy that only firefox will freeze but when im switching tabs sometimes there is a delay.. On another note if i leave my pc on for more then 12 hours .. sometimes i get a bsod..
    its not frequent but it happens once in a blue moon i have not managed to find out what causes it but ive done driver updates and registry maintenance.

The most common bsod is 0x000000f4

Thema:

1. Laggy PC and extended reboot ending in BSOD - Similar Threads - Laggy extended reboot

2. Pc randomly reboots/ BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly reboots/ BSOD: Hello,Pc random BSOD and sometimes reboots with no BSOD. PC specs: CPU Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MOBO ASUS strix b650e-f gaming wifi / RAM G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD EXPO 32GB 2 x 16GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR / GPU RTX 3070On latest bios 1807...
  3. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  4. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  5. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.: Hey guys, I am having this problem for a week now...My PC just crashes and restarts instantly without me doing anything.. sometimes it's when I am in the middle of a game,sometimes when I just log in to my windows after entering the password or just RANDOMLY anytime.There's...
  7. PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly reboots. No BSOD.: Hey guys, I am having this problem for a week now...My PC just crashes and restarts instantly without me doing anything.. sometimes it's when I am in the middle of a game,sometimes when I just log in to my windows after entering the password or just RANDOMLY anytime.There's...
  8. PC rebooting from BSOD

PC rebooting from BSOD: Hello my pc has been rebooting once per day from BSOD. This is the link to the minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjHkj4WbYuPcxxiCFfwYYTqsaPUf?e=yZZZCd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-rebooting-from-bsod/b8ef0904-0707-4e48-b887-9a072da5f05a
  9. PC experienced BSOD became laggy and distorted audio

PC experienced BSOD became laggy and distorted audio: Experienced blue screen twice in a week. When it rebooted, it became laggy and the audio sounds distorted. Used the dell support assist to run some test but it all came out clean with no failure. May I know how do I fix this issue? Hopefully I will be able to fix this soon as...
  10. PC randomly rebooting no BSOD

PC randomly rebooting no BSOD: I've been having a issue with my pc randomly rebooting while I'm doing anything on it suck as playing games, browsing the web, or just sitting at the desktop. event viewer says that it has to due with a bug check. No BSOD everything just goes black. I was looking through...