Windows 10: Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes

Discus and support Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know what happens, but when I click on the start button after 5-10 mins of doing nothing (or doing something else, like writing in a doc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/obippo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. /u/obippo Win User

Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes

Hi, I don't know what happens, but when I click on the start button after 5-10 mins of doing nothing (or doing something else, like writing in a doc, or watching a video) it lags as hell and takes like 5-6 seconds or more to load. I also hear a "turning on" noise inside my pc, it's like the disk goes off or something if I don't touch it after X minutes and then it has to reboot or something... any way to fix this?

THX!!!

submitted by /u/obippo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/obippo, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Mouse buttons non functional after 5 or 10 minutes.

This past couple of days I've been reformatting and re-installing windows and tweaking my partition sizes. However, yesterday evening, after finishing loading up Windows XP and in the middle of loading my programs my mouse buttons just stopped working for no apparent reason.
    The cursor movement works just fine but the buttons are non responsive.
    I reformated and reinstalled windows again this morning thinking everything will be fine but low and behold during my program load up the buttons packed up again after about 5 or 10 minutes.
    Any ideas?

Tommygunn, Oct 7, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    Mouse buttons non functional after 5 or 10 minutes.

ok have you tried without partitions?

maybe you ran out of room on the partition and somehow split the data on two partitions corrupting it.

keakar, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes - Similar Threads - Laggy start button

2. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes: Whenever I switch on my sons pc all looks fine other than for the first 5-10 minutes the start button doesn't work at all ?. Afterwards its fine !?. While non responsive I can right click the task at and access that menu. Desktop shortcuts all working fine too. I have tried...
  7. Laggy start button and startup login page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laggy start button and startup login page: I don't know why this is happening. I have a laptop with good specs but windows 10 is sometimes really laggy on my laptop. Especially the login window at startup and the start button. The start button and the search bar are really slow. It is really annoying. It takes 10...
  8. Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start: Hello, i had built a new computer in the month of July and installed windows 10 on it and since then i am receiving boot times of about 5 minutes. My Bios takes about 10 seconds. and after that the screen is just stuck on the welcome screen for a whole 5 minutes. I have tried...
  9. laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time: hi, every time i turn on or restart after 5-10 minutes there is a definite freezing for about 5-7 minutes, then it becomes totally fine. first occurred when i was watching a video on VLC, so i thought it was a problem in it , then no matter what application i have open at the...
  10. Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start: Hi all, Have that issue for couple of days and I feel hopeless right now. Description: PC, Windows 10 Pro 1909, Intel i7 4770K, 2x Nvidia GPU, Ethernet 1Gb/s A couple of minutes after PC boot, the Internet become unavailable. The only sign I can see is "ERR_TIMED_OUT"...